Bringing one to the states

I want to bring a bg over to the states for a "trial period" to see how she likes it here and if she can handle it. So I don't know if a fiance visa is what I need.

What are my options? Will this happen immediately after a pig flies by my bedroom window?

Also if anyone knows any good websites where I could find some info...

Thanks for helping out a newbie.

I sure hope that pig has wings, cause it'll fly before you get a BG to the states. Sorry to bust your balloon but you would have a better chance winning the lotto than getting her a B2 to come to the US. You have 2 choices if you want to get her here, file for a K-1 and marry her in the states, or get legally married in Thailand and then file for a K-3 and bring her home.Sorry... frown.gif" border="0

HSTEACH

At least flying pigs would not get into ur money.

Imho, better to visit thailand when you have time. they ( agin imho) never look as good once you get them back here as they do in los., they seem to take on a "lost soul" attitude when out of their "element"

Dr D,

Welcome to our board - (you're our newest member as of the time I'm replying). I too wouldn't mind flying a BG over for a vacation in the US however even the BG's have no idea how hard it is for them to get a VISA to get into the US, even just for a short visit (when I asked my BG she thought she just had to stop at the US embassy on the way to the airport!). This board has a nice Search Function, just click "search" above, then enter "B2 VISA" as your search string, and choose the VISA/LEGAL issues to search thru. You'll find a wealth of info, including many pertinent Web site links for further info - if I recall there's one topic called "BG to America for Vacation" (or something like that) that is full of useful info.

Sadly must agree with HSteach, until pigs start flying looks near impossible to bring a BG over for a vacation to the US, and in fact per one recent poster, may be even harder since SEP 11 (that poster noted that even a non-BG with a nice job and many assets couldn't get a tourist visa to the US post 11 SEP).

Yeah, I kind of expected this to be the case.

Also, to pasathai--this is why I was looking into a short "indoc" trip for her, without any marriage stipulations--just to see a bit of how things would be, ya know.

Anyway, thanks for the inputs and assistance.

Looking forward to my next visit to LOS in two months.

quote:

Originally posted by FarangDang:

If this were an easy thing to do, almost every unmarried male tourist would do so. I wonder if you'd then have to declare her on your customs form
wink.gif" border="0

YEah, sometimes I feel jeaolous guys from europe, where in many countries it is MUCH easier to bring a girl over on a tourist or some other kind of non-fiance visa.

Yeah you know we in the US had no problem letting terrorists come in to go to school but then we won't allow a Thai girl to come over and visit. Its crazy.

How about Japan is it easy to get one over here????

Japan participates in the "visa waiver program" which allows any Japanese citizen with a valid passport to enter the US for a period of up to 90 days. No addtional visa is required to enter the US. Under the VWP, visitors are NOT allowed to work or go to school. Want a Japanese lady to visit? Find one and buy her a RT ticket. smile.gif" border="0

Archived