I loveyoj

MrX

The Bar?s enforced one month closure threw our dice in the air. Overnight, no home, no theatre, the familiar context of friends, tumbleweed down whoring street.

Our favourite waitress moved to Joy Bar. A few of IP?s bolder friends accepted the regime at PokerDado but most settled for Our Place.

But how to live our ménage?

One night early on, having turned up early for the tryst I was parked in Our Place.

Ms FH perched uncomfortably beside me, kindly listing exactly who, among the Bar?s displaced personnel, had made this their temporary home.

Miss Sukothai was there, in the far corner, smoking nervously. Miss DD too, though now relegated to ?hello girl?; far too plump to dance! PiJoy skipped past our table and then wandered back to recount a red-faced tale of her super-skimpy bikini which her younger sister had stumbled on and wanted an explanation for. Another Bar girl, whose name I never remember, was dancing listlessly under the unflattering stage-lights which rendered her ass saggy and crinkled. It had never looked so bad before! Such a sorry place I thought.

I looked at my watch as an internal alarm went off. IP, who was always punctual, was definitely late. Teetering on the edge of the vortex at the heart of our relation, dread eddied. Our things, once started badly, rarely got turned around. I gulped down my beer, aware of Ms FH?s interrogative stare.

?Romp, take it easy, she come soon sure sure? she woman intuited.

Its intimacy only ruffled me more and I headed out, tangling with the heavy doorway curtain and bumping an in-comer . Yards down the street our favourite waitress breathlessly caught up with me

?IP here already 10 minute. She wait you outside. I tell her you inside already. Why she no come find you??

I swung on my heels, sniffing the air for her presence, like a bear,. So many times she is invisible to me in the crowd, like really I don?t know her. Only our spirits connect, the phalanxes of distress.

We glanced away shyly when we saw each other.

?How long you wait ??

?I don?t know?

?Why you know come find me??

She didn?t answer. Fuelling the fear. Will it be this day we descend finally into silence?

Then : ?I know where you go, no have problem.? Brutally, between ego and ignorance, she who knows little of the continent of everything that doesn?t work.

I bought us the mother?s milk of a Dutch/Thai ale house, closing on hostility

?You want go PokerDado?? Either could have said it

Across the street, through the vestibule of sulky girls. I was relieved we were fighting back now, giving another chance.

PokerDado was rocking, swelled by its neighbour?s malaise. The boss saw IP come in, from across the room. I am jealous of him. Sure he has already sucked on the rich dark ochre of her tits and fucked her hard ?til she had cried out for him to stop. Tonight, even if I was his obstacle, there was scant pleasure. Such people will outlast me effortlessly!

He came over to her, the most beautiful girl in the bar, but something about us made him hesitate. I watch him cover this confusion with a barked, face-saving, order to a hapless dekserve before moving off. IP was taking everything in. A Bar girlfriend sidled up, one of her first-grade mentors, aging but still with a body to die for. They talked earnestly. I was uninterested and stressed my neck by gazing up to see if the upstairs girls were still knickerless.

IP brought me back with a hard thigh pinch.

?She want me start work PokerDado tomorrow!?

The room convulsed as I wrestled the image of her sweating under the Boss or one of the habitual Punter-san not even 24 hours from now. Adrenalin kicking in.

?I go home now, see you later? sliding my legs out from under the table as I spoke.

?No No? The falling portcullis cutting off her citadel of hope.

?I young, I don?t know falang , I sorry?

We went out into the street, carried along by the crowd toward Asok Place.

Once there I could barely articulate my unreason. We fought for hours, between making love, until each, too tired to hurt the other more, tumbled into taxis for the journeys home.

Near Ekkamai my cell phone signaled the in-coming SMS

?Iloveyoj? This virgin?s blood exasperatedly read

> FH: ?Romp, take it easy, she come soon sure sure? she woman intuited.<

I can just see her face (one of my favourite faces) when she said that, with this confident sense of knowing she's right, and this anxious man should just relax. Of course she'd come!

"Pokerdado" why go there?

It lost its gloss when its main attraction dissapeared, when the girls had to put their knickers back on, like an old port, previously bustling with activity, silted up, and now devoid of ships. No matter how many people you cram in, it won't fill its promise, hinted at by the glass floor.

>Iloveyoj<

Freud would have had a wonderful time with that one.

"I love you", but with 'YOU' substituted by "the reverse of JOY"

"I love misery" ???

Is she looking into the future, or commenting on her state of emotion at the time this was sent?

?She want me start work PokerDado tomorrow!?

The room convulsed as I wrestled the image of her sweating under the Boss or one of the habitual Punter-san not even 24 hours from now. Adrenalin kicking in.

?I go home now, see you later? sliding my legs out from under the table as I spoke.

Romp:

Sometimes your posts hit home too well.

Archived