Chiang Mai residents..

hawaiijohn

I submitted this yesterday and it seemed to disappear into the ethers so will try again. I'll be in Chiang Mai around mid-Spetember and would like to meet people who are living there as I am considering relocating there in the next couple of years. Would like to hear what your experience has been and any helpful suggestions that you may have.

There doesn't seem to be many residents of CM on the board.

I think delphi forums still have a CM board, you may have better luck there.

Not sure if you have been there already. I certainly see it as the place to live when i retire. On account of having many friends doing the same thing, and finding the place easy-going, the whole region rich with culture, and the city quite cosmopolitan, only superseded by BKK on that account. Interesting farang population too, people still living a productive life, thru work and artistry.

There a few of us here ::

The place is growing. Almost to the point of becoming tough to get around. They are building 2 new ring roads but at the height of commuter time traffic can be a b*tch. Every Bangkokian that is retiring, I think, is ending up in CM. Plenty of schools, Unis and younger students, life is not so rushed, northern food is the best-IMHO, and for now (outside the city) the air is pretty good.

Archived