How long is "one year" when getting a visa extens.

MaakSiDa

I recently received my first ever one-year visa extension of my single Non "B" visa.

I started work in early May of this year, but got my new Non "B" visa from one of Thailand's diplomatic offices on the 23rd of May.

I got then, with the help of my employer:

1. a work permit, valid for three months, then

2. a visa extension until the 30th of April 2005, and finally

3. a work permit extension until the 30th of April 2005...

My question is, where did I "lose" the three or four weeks of my "one-year Non 'B' visa"?? (Sorry for the simple language, but I am new to all this red tape...) :p

Isn't a "one-year visa" (extension) supposed to 'last' for 360 days??

Why wasn't my visa extended until May 2005?

Does it have to do with my employment contract, which is only 'good' till the 30th of April 2005?

:(

Sorry, tried to post this yesterday several times, but my server was apparently buggered.

*Anyway*, yes, the visa is linked to the date of contract. It can be a real pain in the arse getting everything synchronised, visa, entry permits, contract etc. However, in the next cycle, everything should be set up for the same date and so you will get a full year. I have known people have to apply twice in one year for a "one year" visa to get the things in synch. With the increases in Visa costs and applications now, gonna be something to keep an eye on, or could end up being expensive.

-j-

Archived