Tourist visa extension without leaving Thailand ?

tilac

Hi,

I came to Thailand in July on a 60 days tourist visa (obtained from local Thai embassy) and that one expires soon.

I want to extend my stay here and have read that you can go to immigration office and they can extend for another 30 days (for 2000 Baht) ?

Questions:

1. Anybody got experience with this, what documents / cash do you have to show to the local boys ?

2. Otherwise I will have to go on a visa run to Cambodia next week from Pattaya, in that case can anybody recommend me a good service in Pattaya that goes on Tuesdays or Wednesdays ?

Thanks

Tilac

Very easy. Just go to the immigration building at Soi Suan Plu with your passport and 1900 baht. Ask for the application at the window. There are shops across the street from it who will make photos and passport copies for you while you fill it out. Only non-obvious thing is make sure to sign each of the 3 photo copied pages. In and out in about 15 minutes.

Went to Suan Plu today and got my visa extention.

Procedure:

- Bring your passport, 1 passport picture and copies of your relevant passport pages

- Goto counter 4 on ground floor

- Fill in the application form

- Pay 1900 Baht at the counter

After 15 minutes you will get your passport back with the desired stamp in it. In my case they extented with 30 days starting from the expiry date of my tourist visa !

You can take a taxi or motorbike from Sala Deng BTS or Silom Underground, and will be there within minutes.

Regards from tilac

Archived