BKK Bus Passengers on notice

think_too_mut

Passengers on notice

September 4, 2004

Transport officials have posted notices on some Bangkok buses urging young passengers not to fornicate while riding in the vehicles.

The Bangkok Mass Transit Authority came under fire from commuters this week after a study revealed that scores of college students were engaging in intercourse, usually in the rear seats of the darkened buses, as they commuted from classes at night.

Particularly popular is air-conditioned route 12, which goes past several evening colleges and terminates on the outskirts of the capital. Curtains in the windows of buses on the route have been removed because some lovers were using them to cover themselves.

Notices on all route 12 buses now advise: "Thai women should preserve old culture about sexual behaviour."

Associated Press

Guest lazyphil

Us grubby falangs get blasted for daring to look at the demure Thai ladys on buses and trains and yet they're shagging each other silly in public, I'm confuzzled, what are the rules?

I remember mainy moons ago. Sticky and I were travelling to one of the islands down south by bus. The Bus was so packed that they decided to put plastic stools in the isle. Luck have it, they placed a young female beside me.

At this point in time I had only been living in the kingdom a few months and had basic farang thai language skills. I proceeded through my questions. " how old are you" " where are you from" etc.. When I got to "do you have a boyfriend?" I was met with a sharp "ugly" look. It was a lesson well learned in what is polite thai conversation and what is not!!!! Even years later I remember how disqusted the young lady was. One of many lessons well learned!!!

I can just imagine how many thais are sighing over the sex on the bus story

Guest lazyphil

Fast as greased weasel poo, thats me!!, will the job come with any perks....like pay!....England just scored against Austria in the footy, I got inspired!

Archived