PRESIDENT SOLITAIRE SOI 11 SUKHUMVIT ROAD

Khunhunter

I have rented two Premier Suites at the President Solitaire for

Oct 29-?

I have heard good things about this Hotel from others, but I

have never stayed there (I am pretty much a Majestic Suites guy). Have any of you stayed there? If so what were your impressions?

Is really guest friendly? I do not want to hassle with some Thai doorman etc who wants proof he has face by taking mine.

How large are the rooms, the pics online show them to be quite large but how are they in real life?

Do they have a pub onsite?

If any of you have the time whatever, info you can provide would be gratefully received.

Also, I am bringing my 30year old younger brother with me and this will be his FIRST TIME IN THE "LOS". I know about the normal "naughty sites such as Eden, Lolitas, Nana, Cowboy, The Cave, the Dead Artist bars, etc.

However, do any of you know of a "jewel of a place, show, temple etc other than the normal Golden Buddha, Golden Wat, Ancient City,Ayutaya, River Kwai, Golden Palace, River tourist cruise that would be fun for a NEWBIE?

I suppose that we will take in a Thai boxing match too and a trip to Pattaya, and Phuket for a kicker...

Looking Forward to your Replies,

Khun Hunter

>I have rented two Premier Suites at the President Solitaire for

Oct 29-?

I have heard good things about this Hotel from others, but I

have never stayed there (I am pretty much a Majestic Suites guy). Have any of you stayed there? If so what were your impressions?<

Yes, very nice place. I think a lot of long stay appartment type people.

>Is really guest friendly? I do not want to hassle with some Thai doorman etc who wants proof he has face by taking mine.<

No problem. They may ask for the girls' ID card, but the doorman always smiled when i arrived with my 'girl of the night'

>How large are the rooms, the pics online show them to be quite large but how are they in real life?<

pretty spacious, BIG plasma TV, all fairly new and not yet rundown. Actually, Premier suites?? I was upgraded to one once, it was huge.

>Do they have a pub onsite?<

Not really. they have a restaurant, which I never tried. there is also the option of ordering a drink when you sit at the pool.

They have free, relatively fast internet connections if you bring your own laptop with LAN.

There is a massage place onsite, but very expensive, so i never tried it. Plenty of cheaper ones nearby on Soi 11.

On the whole, I recommend it. In the heat, a bit far to walk to Sukhumvit, but usually plenty of motocy nearby, and the hotel has a shuttle as well.

• 1 month later...

We stayed there a couple of months ago for my 50th birthday and we were disappointed a little. The plasma TV is great but the signal in our room was crap so it was very hard to watch anything on it as it was too dark.

The bathroom was a long narrow thing and the shower leaked all over the floor so you had to paddle across a pool of water to get to the loo at the end of the room.

There is no bar/pub ......there is a restaurant and u can get breakfast but at a price !!!! This is aimed at business people mostly Indians when we were there.

There is also a free shuttle to Nana station.

However it`s the little things that can annoy you about a place.

One good thing was that they gave my girl and I two seperate keys so she could come and go as she pleased but you have to check in with her and bring the same girl home every night. Good for us but not for everyone I accept.

Uniformguy

• 2 months later...

> There is no bar/pub ......there is a restaurant and u can > get breakfast but at a price !!!!

Look to your LEFT as you enter the lobby and you will see a fully stocked bar. Food is fair, but as you say, expensive. My thai lady friends did not like the thai food and told me they would rather eat at The Federal Hotel Coffee Shop just up the street. A good compromise. A great room at the President Solitaire and better and less expensive food at the Federal Coffee Shop.

Archived