Graduate Studies in Asia?

Pharcyde

Hi guys,

As i am slowly getting my education on tracks, I am wondering if I should go and study a year in an Asian city for my master.

Preferable subjects would be Southeast Asian Studies, International development / relations. Journalism or some other humanities sounds interesting, too.

Now, is there anyone outthere with some experience of studying in Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, Shanghai, or some other place. What universities are recommendable?

Generally, is it a good idea for my CV, or do asian unis lack credentials???

Whats your say on this?

Should I post this in another forum?

Mods, if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it.

Thanks

Pharcyde

I guess it depends what you want to do with it. If you move to a western country, it might be better with some of the better programs in California and London that have SEA courses. These courses would be recognized in your homeland. If you want to work in Asia or an international company, my best guess is that a degree from a respected asian tiger university would be ok.

Hi,

First, you may want to narrow what you want to study. That will go a long way in deciding where to study. Different programs are known for different things. There are some fairly well respected intl MBA programs in Asia, just as an example. Journalism is a whole different game.

As others note, you may want to try some study abroads via unis in your home country. This way, you will be sure you will get recongition, assuming it is a known uni.

But clarify those goals, mate. Try out a few internships in the fields you mention. That may help.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived