Help! Sexually harrassed by Thai builders!

carew66

Bizarre but true.

For the last 6 weeks or so I have watched with interest the construction of a new building, directly across the road from my own humble abode. As it has risen, inch by inch, there has been much speculation as to what it might actually be.

Its strange low ceilings seem to suggest a condo for dwarves; its curved outer wall and proximity to the local catholic church have prompted the dark suggestion of a mausoleum ? or crematorium. A small shanty town has sprung up around it, populated by the labourers who do indeed labour. From early morning light through to late evening portable generator arc lights, the sounds of hammers and saws have conspired to banish all thoughts of sleep from the occupants of my little bungalow. All is quiet however from midday until 2pm when the heat of the sun makes it quite impossible to anything other than sit quietly and breathe slowly.

As the structure has risen and appeared over the tin wall of the site a strange thing has happened.

The bricklayers, busying themselves filling the gaps between the concrete beams and pillars, seem in the main to be young women. I say ?seem? because like a lot of Thai labourers their faces are concealed beneath woollen balaclavas worn, one asumes, to protect them from the dust and insects. On top of this they wear blue protective safety helmets.

As I make my way home I pass these girls to enter my front door. Their capacity for ribaldry appears to equal that of their British male counterparts. I am greeted with the Thai female equivalent of ?Oi, show us yer tits darling? and, as one spots me, others scurry along the scaffolding to join in and view my obvious discomfort and embarrassment.

As a result of this strange gender role-reversal I find myself plotting quicker routes from the front door to the main road. I have banished myself to the rear garden where I can enjoy a cigarette and read a book unmolested.

Surely, it can only be a matter of time before one or all of them decides to ?moon? at me and I am confronted with a wall of pimply, sweaty female buttocks.?

I think that this sexual harrassment is inexcusable. This is the 21st Century for God?s sake and one would have thought that attitudes towards men would be somewhat more enlightened in this day and age.

It is disgraceful that I cannot even walk down my own Soi without being mentally raped by these harpies.

Is there a Thai equivalent of the Sexual Harrassment Act? Is there an ombudsman that will hear my complaint and act upon it? I fear not. So, a warning to all you men out there ? don?t go out alone?

(I don?t suppose anyone has any red Leicester going spare , do they?)

Oh, good job!!. It is just so healthy for you to share your feelings, always the first step in acheving the empowerment needed to reclaim your self-esteem in the face of such mysoginistic objectification. Be assured, you are not alone, many of your brethren, including, I must confess, myself have silently suffered the same burning humiliation inflicted by those same Issan chauvinists', the Amazons of the Northeast upper-plateau. Are we nothing but peniea (pinea, pinae, pinuses, peni, what the fuck is the plural, anyway?)to their base desires. "Ruup law, mahk mahk" is just so dehumanizing, acknowledging only our physical attributes and denying our personhood, our tender souls.

Struggle onward, not hiding behind behind that front door, knowing in your heart that we all link arms with you as you bravely march forward, chin-up, tummy-in, proudly proclaiming for all of us "It is un-acceptable of you to treat me as an object of desire, I will be nobodys' toy!!!"

YOU GO, BOY!!!

David

Well, I did say 'the equivalent' - although should it be taken in a literal sense then I would obviously direct them to Pattaya's Beach Road at about 2pm.

I've just left the house. They are definitely girls. Actually, one of 'em is quite cute... Oooh, I bet she's got a grip like a vice.

Archived