Tourist visa for more than 30 days

Hello to all fellow sanukers,

This will be my 4 visit to the LOS this summer and this time I'm planning on staying longer than the 30 days allowed by a standard tourist visa.

I read many threads of the old board and the few available here but I'm still not 100% sure how to proceed.

1- Can I get a longer than standard 30 days tourist visa upon arrival

2- If not, let's say I go to Cambodia for a few days, upon re-entering will I get another 30 days tourist visa, with no extra formalities or costs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PB

PS: Also looking for french speaking partner(s) for end of june and july in BKK and Pattaya.

Sweetmouth,

Getting the 60-day tourist visa is strictly routine. Go to the nearest Thai embassy/consulate, fill out a short form and your passport, come back in a few days, pay the fee and pick up your passport with visa. No interviews, bribes, etc. necessary.

The above assumes you have a valid passport from a Western country, and no outstanding warrants in Thailand.

JG

Well thank you guys for these fast responses.

Since I want to do both the LOS and the Philipines and after discussing with my travel agent, it now tun out that my flight plan will be: London - BKK then BKK - Manilla then Manilla - BKK, before returning to Canada through London.

I will then spend 3-4 weeks twice with a side travel to the Philipines in between.

B]I should not have a problem re-entering the second time, should I ?[/b] crazy.gif" border="0

PB

Sweetmouth

If those travel plans are firm save yourself a few dollars and use the visa on arrival system. Good for 30 days issued at no charge by Thai immigration on landing. Have a good trip and write us a report when you get home.

Sweetmouth,

I have taken side trips before when I go to LOS and never had any problems getting a second 30 day visa on arrival, it's cheaper than getting a 60 day one, free in fact, as Coquetislander said.

Unless you expect to stay longer than 30 days between side trips there's no advantage I can see in getting the 60 day visa.

Archived