Who Has The Advantage?

I see Marcel has appointed me moderator of this forum during my 2 week absence so I had best pose a topic for discussion.

We hear alot about the well established networks between bar girls and many claim that this organizational tactic gives them the advantage in dealings with farangs. Would it then be fair to suggest that this very media we as sanukers use to discuss and organize gives us a similar advantage?

Personally I subscribe to the modern (or should that be postmodern) school of French philosophy on this one. Michael Foucault postulated that Knowledge is power. James Der Derian supposes that access to modern communication methods (ie the internet) further enhances this power. I feel with the expanding of fora such as sanuk and nanapong, we as sanukers possess an advantage over the working girls.

Feel free to flame, discuss etc but please try to keep it reasoned and on topic. If you don't agree with me, fine, but please don't stoop to personal attacks.

Cheers

Jaga

I agree with you up to a point. We are starting to "get organised" but even with all singing all dancing multimedia machines BGs beat us every time.

I don't know how they manage it so quickly, maybe some buddhist telepathy we know nothing of!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by db_sez_aloha:

Originally posted by coquetislander:

[qb]...BGs beat us every time. I don't know how they manage it so quickly...

1) More idle time for idle chatter.

2a) A culture less disapproving of gossip.

db[/QB]

This seems almost like idle chatter and gossip to me! Should'nt you be working now? I know I should be. LOL

Cheers

Jaga

BG have for years been sharing information and tacticts, this is how they set a cartel on prices and ridiculous amounts get quoted. the Internet is only now starting to allow us the same power. Even in 10 years we will still not have the same measure of information sharing as the girls cos there are loads of visitors out there that aren't connected to the necessary information. Any way not going to matter in 10 years cos the way things are going LOS will be more expensive for Sanuk than Paris.

I know one girl went to south Africa to work and she was shocked that she was working her little legs off for a cheaper price than LOS.

Very good point rictic, if every single farang in this country would refuse to pay more than 250 baht LT then the bar girls would be completely happy with that. As discussed in a separate topic girls happily do lesbian shows and dildo fucking shows for 50 baht because that's the going rate.

To everyone reading this: DO NOT ever pay your bar girl more than 1000 baht ST or LT, and with freelancers try to settle for 500. If your chick doesnt want to go for 1000 then find one that will. Smart people always avoid haggling about a price upfront, just take 'em home, shag 'em and send them off with 1000bht and if she feels it's not enough then tough luck for her because you already got what you wanted from her ;-)

Don't forget, other Thai girls have to work their ass off in a factory or at 7-11 for an entire week to make that 1000bht.

I think you're missing my point, if you dont set a price and just give her 1000 baht at the end she will be perfectly happy with that. If you ask upfront how much money she wants then she'll tell you what she wants, which is always higher than what she'll accept.

Only once out of the hundreds of times I took a girl she insisted on 1500 afterwards so I gave her 500 extra and off she went, no biggy.

Coquetislander wrote: I agree with you up to a point. We are starting to "get organised" but even with all singing all dancing multimedia machines BGs beat us every time.

they don't have to. would some talented member set up a grid where a few details about the specific fuck, price, duration, origination, satisfaction, 'tude etc can be entered up. with a note area to allow lurid commentary on action. think we might get some valuable information back. a complaints section to help us watch out for problem individuals. critical mass would soon be reached given the sexual exuberance of many board members.

[ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: farangbaa ]

Archived