Moneychangers

INTJ

I remember last year changing some money (cash) with a friend at a place called "super rich" moneychangers in BKK, apparently (so my friend said) for a higher rate than the bank. I have some money to change myself, can't get in touch with the said friend and I'm wondering :

1) Where is this place? (I can't remember.)

2) Is this the best one in BKK or Pattaya ?

3) Is there a higher risk of being ripped off ?(all seemed a bit dodgy last time)

4) How much higher is the rate at this (or similar) places than the bank or X booth ? (Sterling is the currency).

Thanks in advance,

INTJ.

Hi INTJ,

1) I remember going to a dry cleaning shop in Bangkok 5 years ago, nothing more

2) The best one I know is in Tops in Pattaya, they give a better exchange rate than others in Pattaya.

3) That place I mentioned No.

4) From Bangkok Banks website now

buying rate 73.03

selling rate 74.82

Moneychangers normally give you the average of those rates, i e 73.925

elef

Hi,

I can answer part of your question.Super Rich is in a back soi opposite the (old) World trade centre.I used it last year and rates were better than banks.It all seemed to be kosher and I didnt get ripped.The place was full of Thais changing there money and huge amounts were getting changed.Here is the address-47/11 Rajadamri Rd,Lumpini ,Pathumwan,Bangkok.Ph-0-2655-2487-9 Fax-0-2253-5642 Open Mon to Sat 9.00am-6.00pm.What I found strange was that there are two Super Rich shops opposite each other.The story goes that brother and sister worked one together until they had a fallout,then sister left and opened opposite in competition.I only went into one but I am told both have the same rates.

cheers sky brow. ::

Archived