fiancee visa for bar girl?

I am hoping to bring my GF to the US on

a fiancee visa. She is a waitress at a go go,

and I am wondering how others who have

married BGs have gotten the visa!

What did you do for employment history?

How did you say you met?

I am getting close to filing, and need to get

these issues resolved before going forward!

thanks!

Finally I can talk about something I did RIGHT!! Not the end result mind you, but I did get her here with no problems. Getting a fiance visa (K-1) is not at all difficult, but you must have ALL your ducks in a row. All the embassy wants is 1) Proof of a genuine relationship, 2) Your intent to marry her once she gets to the states, 3) proof that you can support her once she's here, and finally 4) you have met in person. ALL paperwork must be correct and organized. All documents must be provided as required. Your story of how you met when you filed the I-129F petition, and her story of how you met when asked by the consular officer must be the same. Get all details straight before she goes to the interview. Her work history must be believable, ie, don't say she worked at the Oriental Hotel when she didn't. If she's from Issan, just say she worked on the farm and did partime work for other people, planting and such. That actually happens there! Bear in mind, the embassy only checks the police records of visa applicants, they don't do a full investigation. They don't have the time or people to do it. Finally when she goes to the interview, make sure she is very polite and is dressed like a young Thai woman would normally dress. Going in with a miniskirt, 4 inch platform shoes, and enough gold to sink a ship will raise a few eyebrows. If asked if she ever worked as a prostitute or has sold sex in the last 10 years, the answer is NO. Always NO. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

You can say that she was a baby sitter in Bkk or an attendant for some elderly people that have since passed away(my wife did that for many years). Make sure that you use someone that she can trust as her previous

"employer". I don't think the Embassy really

cares if she was a prostitute at one time, it's just that the law does not permit ex-sex workers to enter the US. To repeat what HSTEACH said, have a story and stick to it.

Put her through a mock interview/interrogation and make sure that she can stick to the story. The Embassy never contacted any of my wife's previous employers.

If you have to make up lies to get around the laws of the United States, maybe thats when its time to pause and reflect upon what you're doing. If she's not a prostitute you shouldn't have a problem, and if she is a prostitute maybe you should think about what you're doing.

I am in the process of completing the K-1 paperwork for my GF a non-BG so I think I should have no problems but I could use the advice of someone who has been there already. Please contact me at sailorsawadee@hotmail.com if you don't mind walking me through a couple of details.

Thanks!

Sailor

quote:

Originally posted by Graham Cracker:

If you have to make up lies to get around the laws of the United States, maybe thats when its time to pause and reflect upon what you're doing. If she's not a prostitute you shouldn't have a problem, and if she is a prostitute maybe you should think about what you're doing.

I guess some would think that US immigration laws are just too strict.

crazy.gif" border="0

Condom King "I guess some would think that US immigration laws are just too strict."

I disagree, I would guess the ethical standards of certain individuals are not quite high enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Sailor,

Start following the <alt.visa.us.marriage-based> newsgroup and find and study Doc Steen's and Jonathan's web sites.

Regards, JEff

quote:

Originally posted by Sailor:

I am in the process of completing the K-1 paperwork for my GF a non-BG so I think I should have no problems but I could use the advice of someone who has been there already. Please contact me at sailorsawadee@hotmail.com if you don't mind walking me through a couple of details.

Thanks!

Sailor

Archived