laptop into thailand

akay56

Nobody at the Bangkok Airport gives a damn about laptops. I've passed through scores of times with a laptop and nobody ever even looked at it.

Neither have I ever had a problem in Nepal.

My bags were actually searched last month by Thai customs!! Never thought that would happen, never seen it before. Anyway had a laptop, they didn't say a word.

Was watching a movie the other night about two girls in the Bangkok Prison picked up for bringing in drugs. Have read stories too about farangs getting caught with drugs at the airport. In order for them to get these people, they must have a high ratio of finding drugs versus not finding. Cause I never have seen them in 20 times checked. However like I said, my bags were just checked! So they do it !

Originally posted by Showtime:

"Was watching a movie the other night about two girls in the Bangkok Prison picked up for bringing in drugs.

Bringing drugs to Thailand? Isn't that like carrying coals to Newcastle? The only drugs I can think of being smuggled in would be cocaine and ecstasy.

Didn't the two girls (I think they were from Solihull, Britain)try to smuggle heroine OUT of the country??

The immigration card actually says you have to declare if you are carrying a computer I believe. I did, and the bloke just smiled and waved me through no problem. Seeing others experience I won't even bother to declare it next time.

Baggio

Didn't the two girls (I think they were from Solihull, Britain)try to smuggle heroine OUT of the country??

Think you are right. I started watching half way through the movie. How bout the guy who wrote the book "Damage done" Was that leaving the country too? That means their bags were searched LEAVING the country. Never saw Customs leaving. Pass Immigration and off to the plane. Someone shed light on this...curious. Thanks

Originally posted by Showtime:

"How bout the guy who wrote the book 'Damage done'? Was that leaving the country too?"

Yeah, I think so. The book is now published under the title "4000 Days - My Life and Survival in a Bangkok Prison". Written by Australian Warren Fellows. Anyone who has funny ideas about making a quick buck by smuggling drugs out of Thailand should read it - absolutely horrifying! Any jail in the West is a holiday resort by comparison. I happen to believe that one can judge the moral or cultural development of a society by the way it treats its prisoners (or "outcastes") - and Thailand doesn't fare too well on this front. Mildly speaking.

Archived