Forced Phone Sex !!??!! Lawyer's Eyes Sparkle !!!

zanemay

I told you lawyers were slime. Could this happen anywhere but in America where this cancer has infected the society to its core:

NEW YORK (AP) _ A producer for Fox New Channel's Bill O'Reilly is accusing the commentator of forcing her to have telephone sex against her wishes.

O'Reilly says the sexual harassment complaint is a politically motivated extortion attempt to embarrass him and the Fox News Channel.

The woman -- Andrea Mackris -- is an associate producer on "The O'Reilly Factor."

She contends O'Reilly made two lewd calls.

But O'Reilly says Mackris and her lawyer demanded $60 million dollars in what he calls "hush money" not to file the lawsuit.

O'Reilly's lawyer, Ronald Green, said he believes there are tapes of conversations between his client and the accuser. Green has asked a court to compel Mackris to produce the tapes so they could be played publicly.

You know that lawyers here are watching us like the secret police. Every day they wake up looking for opportunity. "How can I steal some money from someone today? Who wants to settle? What are the deepest pockets I can get into?" Athletes, entertainers, media people? Corporations, small businesses, homeowners, motorists, bicyclists? *Footnote*

Last year in LOS the wife of a man who had "disappeared" many months before got herself media coverage. The man was a lawyer and had been very active representing the separatist groups in the South - those lovely lads who are getting the best of everyone. They go out in the evening and torch a dozen or so Buddhist schools as a diversion used while attacking armories. They murder so many Buddhist monks, teachers and farmers that the entire Southern population lives under the threat of machetes. And they are abandoning the area, as has happened in so many other places over the last thousand years.

Anyway, Mr. Lawyer's wife turned to the media to complain that "My husband disappeared, but the police aren't trying to find out what happened to him." Oh boo hoo!! I wonder why that might be!? You mean there are people in power who take straightforward action. They don't want to live in a politically correct dream world dancing to the music of attorneys!? Oh, evil, evil men!!

The tough old bureaucrats look across the ocean at us and say, "WTF!!" Their lawyers look across and drool. "I could be suing people every day if I lived over there!" And they will win in the end. The media and the lawyer cancer will take control from the government and the people. And folks from the USA will help by pontificating at them about human rights.

Not so long ago one of our board members, a Thai and one of my very favorite people, praised the work of, "...some wonderful Thai women lawyers." That member owes me for a new laptop, repairs to a wall and hair replacement!! You?ll be hearing from my lawyer!

*Footnote* I mention bicyclists because I was talking to a rider on a local team the other day. "Have you written the bike path by the Bay?" I asked. "Which one?" "The one that goes past the big dog-run park." "Did you know you can be sued for hitting a dog," he told me. "Not for cats, only dogs." Do you see how this cancer has spread into every part and activity of our lives? And how can it be that cats are under-represented, treated as second-class animals!? What do you mean cats can?t sue!? This is America!

ZM

"Last year in LOS the wife of a man who had "disappeared" many months before got herself media coverage. The man was a lawyer and had been very active representing the separatist groups in the South - those lovely lads who are getting the best of everyone. "

I thought they found his body and taksin had to eat his words in saying "that the guy only ran away from his wife"

Wung_See_Jao said:

Same same here in the UK...daytime tv saturated with adds for slicitors looking for compensation claims...

This is interesting! I didn't really know. Do you have a similar huge number or court television programs? I know BBC makes "Rumpole of the Bailey." We have Perry Mason, a new series called "Boston Legal" with James Spader and William Shatner, a few others, plus about 10 programs like "The People's Court" and "Judge Roy Brown" and "Divorce Court." And we have Court TV, a network with legal and courtroom stuff on 24 hours a day.

It's kind of like living in a neighborhood that is so dominated by guns and violence that it is too dangerous to go out at night. What do the people do? They stay in and watch programs that glorify guns and violence. A sick fascination.

But let me know if you have a lot of the same TV.

ZM

>>>They go out in the evening and torch a dozen or so Buddhist schools as a diversion used while attacking armories. <<<

not to go into politics, and especially not thai politics (of which you have again proven to have a very...simplistic idea, as with most other things thai...), but lets stay with facts, please.

the lawyer was defending a group of accused (remember - there is that principle of presumed innocent until proven guilty, also there is a right to be represented by a lawyer at court) who were gruesomely tortured in a police station.

the lawyer did not just disappear, but was kidnapped by several highranking police officers who were indicted based on taped mobile phone conversations.

the lawyer's whereabouts are not known. he is presumed dead, but his corpse has not been found yet, and most likely never will be.

and this is thailand, so far i am not aware that this sort of vigilantism you appear to support is permitted by the constitution here in thailand. it would be highly appreciated if you would leave those comments on how to (mis)handle the law to your own country. we here in thailand actually would like to have a lawful society, based on the principles of the strict separation of the basic democratic institutions of legislative, judicative and executive, and due process.

• 2 weeks later...
flyonzewall said:

"...remember - there is that principle of presumed innocent until proven guilty, also there is a right to be represented by a lawyer at court"

I agree!!! We should capture Bin Laden and al-Zarqawi. Read them their Miranda rights of course, get the best attorneys to represent them and put them on trial for the next ten years. Perhaps bring out the deprivations and abuses they suffered as children?? And that's just what they say they will do, "We will find them and bring them to justice." Great! That will work just great."

flyonzewall said:

"... who were gruesomely tortured in a police station.

the lawyer did not just disappear, but was kidnapped by several highranking police officers..."

What mean guys!! It would be nicer just to give away the whole South of the country. Not that the South would be enough, no more than than the South of the world would be enough, but I shouldn't say that without strong "evidence."

A year(?) or so ago, when in Thailand, I saw the most gratifying thing on television. A lawyer was dancing around a little tree trying to avoid being shot by a frumpy, tired, middle-aged guy who was dancing around the same tree shooting away with a .22. I cheered and applauded and danced around my room. "That's what he gets for taking my money," said the old dumpy hero as he was being led away.

>>>Read them their Miranda rights of course, get the best attorneys to represent them and put them on trial for the next ten years. <<<

the only difference between the western nations and those "terrorists" is that we pretend to have a proper legal systhem and a civil society. if we start letting go of that as well now, there won't be any difference between them and us anymore. after all the unsanctioned wars, and the way how we led them, we, the west, are anyhow on very thin ice.

>>>What mean guys!! It would be nicer just to give away the whole South of the country. Not that the South would be enough, no more than than the South of the world would be enough, but I shouldn't say that without strong "evidence."<<<

and it would be nicer when posters who post about politics would inform themselves about political realities and the facts before posting. your paranoid imaginations about the south are completely unreasonable.

Archived