Rent-a-girlfriend

GreatDane

Hi,<P>In November I am planning a two-week visit to Phuket together with my two daughters (3 & 6 years).<BR>I am a single dad, and would like to hire a girl to help taking care of the kids, and maybe also taking a bit care of me - depending on how well we get along smile.gif" border="0<P>I could probably walk into a bar and hire a girl, but because I am travelling together with my two kids, I would prefer to arrange it before arriving. The ideal solution would be to stop over one day in BKK, meeting 4-5 girls and hire one, but I don't know if that can be arranged.<P>Does any of you know a bargirl who would be interested in the job. Or can any of you help arranging contact with one (or more girls) to meet me in BKK before continuing to Phuket?<P>Besides looks/attitude, it is also important that the girl is very responsible and likes children - maybe she has kids herself.<BR> <BR>What would be a reasonable pay ? How about 400/day plus all expenses paid (for helping with the kids). All other "services" will be negotiated seperately smile.gif" border="0<P>Just for the record : I am 36Yrs old, slim (not skinny) and the children are mix asian/european<BR> I am not looking for a wife, just for a rent-a-girlfriend experience<P>Rgds, GreatDane

quote:

Originally posted by GreatDane:

Hi,

I am not looking for a wife, just for a rent-a-girlfriend experience

Rgds, GreatDane

HI GD,

think you need to think this one through a bit more first. Bar girls are notoriously moody, unpredictable and frequently unreliable. Do you really want someone like that looking after you kids (especially a 3 year old??)....she may find it fun for a couple of days (ohh Narak!), then quickly get tired of it all...throw "extra's" into the equation, and you have a recipy for disaster...do you want some one taking a swipe at your kids cause they are pissed at you?

...strongly suggest that you separate your activities. Find a nice reliable non-working girl/older woman (depending upon how good your hotel is, they maybe able to help you) to look after the kids (and keep your hands off her)...and do your "partying" in short time hotels etc, away from your kids...don't forget a full time "baby sitter" will be able to stay with the kids, giving you plenty of time to enjoy yourself...

-j-

Thanks for your input,

Maybe I was not fully aware of how moody the girls are. However I was certainly not planning on letting the girl look after the children by herself, but more like helping when swimming, dining, going on tours etc...

I'll take your advice and look for an older (non-BG) babysitter.

Lamock Chokaprret : I am sorry, but I don't speak any Thai, only english. So I think it would be usefull if she speaks english as well.

Do you have any idea of the cost for a babysitte - 2 weeks ?

Rgds, GD

Sorry to hear English is a requirement 'cause I could have provided a reference. I think the figure you quoted would probably be more than adequate. On second thought, possibly just about right with the English speaking requirement.

Remember that a lot of the girls in Bangkok to work are from upcountry and know little English. It's only working in the bars that gets them that knowledge. What you are looking for is probably someone who's attended university and studied some English. I don't know the Thai attitudes about that but since they're upper class and being educated, might consider it demeaning.

I will go the extra mile and ask my TG about it tonight and see what input she can give.

quote:

Originally posted by Lamock Chokaprret:

Remember that a lot of the girls in Bangkok to work are from upcountry and know little English. It's only working in the bars that gets them that knowledge. What you are looking for is probably someone who's attended university and studied some English. I don't know the Thai attitudes about that but since they're upper class and being educated, might consider it demeaning.

Hi LC...

not strictly true. I work with quite a few students, many of whom are of *very* modest means..going to Uni can be a sacrifice for the whole family in some cases. Out of interest my current "maid" is a student (not one of mine) who earns extra money to help with her studies...and for all those thinking the obvious, the answer is NO...remember the old adage..never sh*t where you eat...LOL..

-j-

I reckon you could find someone easily enough when you got to Phuket. The hotel receptionists, maids, whoever would probably know somebody who'd be more responsible than a bar-girl, loving of children and grateful for the cash. (Thais are generally great with children, I've noticed, in contrast to the UK. )

quote:

Do you really want someone like that looking after you kids (especially a 3 year old??)..

You must be nuts! Do you realize that 90% of bg's are speed users. Myself, this sort of girl scares me. It's easy enough to find girlfriends.

k9

quote:

Originally posted by dogeater:

Do you really want someone like that looking after you kids (especially a 3 year old??)..

You must be nuts! Do you realize that 90% of bg's are speed users. Myself, this sort of girl scares me. It's easy enough to find girlfriends.

k9

...90%??? Wow. we must live in different Thailands. Nice to know where you get that figure from though..

-j-

Great Dane,

Believe it or not, I have the perfect candidate. She speaks good English, and is about 40 years old. If you are serious, email me for details.

Gary

glalt@hotmail.com

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: Gary ]

Archived