London XMAS meeting 19th Nov Friday

spirit_of_town_hall

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sayjann SO sorry. Russ was delayed in traffic for 3 hours. I was at my house waiting for him, when he arrived at 10.10 it was too late to go in to town...

I feel very bad for letting you down, we had no way of contacting you at all. I tried to telephone the pub but to no avail.....

Sorry.

What happened at the Abbey?

STH

apologies accepted on my part.

Lusty,i deleted your # without writing it down.

but it would have been no good for plan B as i got fed up and went home early on the 10.20 train.

i must stop these visits to the wicked metropolis,i always seem to encounter weird stuff.

one time i was fleeced by an Irish hooker in Soho and another time i remember walking the streets with STH looking for someone to give us a BJ,but to no avail.

this trip i went for the all Day trip with my Mum and we decided to do some cultural stuff.

we decided to visit Westminster Abbey as it is full of English history and i'm very interested in the history of my Country.

first thing we saw was a sign saying it cost £7.50 to enter the place and my Mum went ballistic.

she does not suffer fools and went into overdrive saying that it was a disgrace that English people had to pay to go into one of the most important Churches of our religion.

after all most of the Churches in Europe are free to enter.

we were told that if we went along the Abbey a little there was a Praying Room and from there we might be able to sneak into the Abbey.

we did this and started to look around at Historical stuff and then we were approached by an Employee of the Abbey.

he was dressed in one of those traditional uniforms they wear and he asked what we were doing.

he asked if we intended to pray and my Mum told him it was none of his business as it was a personal matter.

he then asked us to leave and my Mum then launched into another tirade about how it was disgusting that she had to pay to enter a Church.

as we walked out the door and past the security we heard the guards radio go off saying that '2 suspicious characters' were leaving.

1 was an old lady and a middle aged man and they should be watched.

my Mum went ballistic and started to rant and rave about what she had heard.

she is 65 but looks 10 Years younger and she was really offended by the description of her as an 'old lady'

as she ranted 2 men suddenly appeared and asked us to one side.

they were dressed in the exact clothing that you would expect of security people and started to ask questions.

"what is your name","where do you come from" and do you have any ID on you?.

when my Mum aked who the men were and could they show her any ID,they refused stating that the current security alert gave them the right not to identify themselves.

for the 1st time in my life i heard my Mum swear as she told them to "fuck off".

she told them no ID from them then they were gettin no info from her and she strolled off and i followed meekly.

while i was shocked at what had happened and what she had said i was so proud of her.

a few minutes walk away is Whitehall and we decided to go to the Cenotaph and have a look at the tributes left over from Rememberance Sunday.

we were humbled as we looked at the Wreaths from many Countries,Governments,the British Royal Family,various Royal Families from around the World.

but the poignant memories of single poppies left by people who had lost relatives,Scout Associations,Girl Guides,Primary Schools etc.

the Cenotaph is in the middle of the road and we had to wait for the traffic to clear before we could cross the road and as we waited who did my Mum see?.

only the 2 Men who had spoken to us earlier.

were they following us?,i don't know but my Mum was off and into their faces.

she told them she had told them to 'fuck off' once before and if they continued following us she would do a u-turn and go to Downing St and make her point in front of the Press which were waiting outside.

i suppose it helped that Chirac was in town,interest was therefore paramount to the press.

the 2 Guys disappeared and we quickly got to Trafalgar SQ and got the tube to the British Museum.

if i didn't have a record before i certainly have now with MI5/MI6 now.

we spent 6 Hours there and i highly recommend.

back to the West End and after a bit of shopping we made our way to the pub which was the meeting place for the night.

NOT A GOOD PLACE TO MEET.

too crowded and noisy and not a good place to go if you want to talk.

took me around 15 minutes to get a Beer from the Bar.

we were there around 7:45 and i struggled through the crowds to see if there was anyone i knew.

no-one i recognised and we finally found seats near the door so that i could see when any of the London Contingent entered.

waited and waited and i was getting a little worried and around 9:00 we left and looked for an Internet Cafe so that i could log onto the Board and just check we were in the right place.

we were and we returned to the pub and had another drink but eventually left as i decided that it was too late for anyone to turn-up.

so were were on the 10:20 train witn a very messy burger from Burgerking which we both got all over our clothes.

my Mum was very disappointed not to meet friends of mine but had enjoyed her Day out.

ALL YOU BARSTARDS WHO DIDN'T TURN UP SHOULD E-MAIL HER AND APOLOGISE.

you'll be surprised if you met her.

she spent 7 Years living in Thailand,Vietnam,China,Hong Kong,Singapore and Japan.

being a Navy wife she visited all the naughty places in those parts of the World.

this was in the 60's when i imagine things were a little more raunchy then they are now.

she has seen it all and i know of nothing that can shock her when talking about the seedier side of the sex trade.

she has told me some stories which made my toes curl and i know she had prepared some of her favourite memories to tell the Boys when she met them.

they would have enjoyed hearing them.

Archived