another farang dead in LoS hotel room

Harry Palmer

[color:"blue"]this time at the Monte Carlo Hotel, Phuket. the report mentions a broken elbow and neck - so unlikely to be a suicide.

Read the full story in the phuket gazette

it is disturbing to read of so many mysterious deaths in LoS. wasn't there a case of the 'black bag on the head' death in Phuket earlier this year? was it ever concluded as suicide or murder?

[/color]

Nay ...... he had just put the bag over his head and was trying to get his handcuffed arms behind his back when he slipped in the bathroom, striking and fracturing his elbow on the tub rim before his neck hit the toilet rim, breaking it. Obviously another botched suicide, by a dumb farang driven to despair over early bar closing times.

Doesn't look so mysterious. It is disturbing that there seem to me more foreigners falling off of balconies and being killed in hotel rooms than there should be. It would be interesting to see some numbers to put it in perspective, rather than trying to judge by the odd report in newspapers.

Do foreigners meet with violent death more often here than the natives?

Are foreigners more at risk of a violent death or being the victim of violent crime here than in their home countries (yes, would vary a lot by country)?

As for the bag-over-the-head death in Phuket (at the Ex-Pat if I recall), from the information posted in this forum at the time, it seemed it might possible that the guy tied the bag around his head, tied up one hand, and then slipped the handcuff on his free hand, all while under the influence of alcohol and (I think) sleeping pills. A closer look at details of the scene would probably rule out suicide or not.

RickF

Archived