Some housing suggestions in BKK

Khun_Kong

Having spent much of about 3 weeks hoofing around the Rajathewi/ Phayatai/Victory Monument BTS area and the Chong Nongsi/Surasak BTS area, I've seen a large number of assorted accomodations.

If anyone needs any recommendations or wants to see photos, get prices, etc., feel free to PM me for details. Anything that I post through PM I'll post here, also- I just don't want to waste my time if nobody is interested.

Basically, I looked at places:

1. 3000 - 32,000 B/month

2. Furnished and unfurnished

3. All within walking distance of a BTS station

4. Mostly short-term leases (1-6 months)

5. Most with some cooking facilities, although the really cheap places usually just had a balcony on which you could put a cooker.

6. Most with electric paid direct, at ~2 B/unit, rather than 5 B/unit frequently seen.

Some of these places were very nice at reasonable rates. A few really pleasant surprises:

Nice studio in a very good high-rise on Sathorn near Chong Nongsi with riverview 16K/month

Large 3 room apartment with TWO KITHCHENS (!?) about a 2 minute walk from Phayatai BTS on a quiet street for 13K/month

Large completely unfurnished/no air con/no hot water studio for 4K/month, about 4 minutes to Victory Monument- in a building 95% occupied by uni girls!

Beautiful studio apartment with great city view in a high-rise near Phayatai for 16K/month

Many small, 1 BR furnished places 2-4 minutes from Victory Monument around 8-10K/month with 1-3 month leases available.

Anyway, just thought my legwork might save some others a bit of time.

:)

Archived