Court frees tourists? killer (on bail)

rickfarang

I feel sorry for the witnesses,they are Thai,but i guess they do not have the same social status as the policeman,or they would have got better protection,with bail being refused.

It does show that some Thais are not treated any better than a lot of farangs.

A lot of friends and family ( non sanukers) are now rubbing Thailand off their holiday list. They just say that it is too dangerous...

A lot of the middle class family types will be put off by this.

Its is an outrage and shows the rest of the world, that Thais just could not give a toss about us...

Thats fair enough but it will hurt in the Thais pocket. What with all the trouble in the south they should be aware of how they are portrayed.

STH

spirit_of_town_hall said:

A lot of friends and family ( non sanukers) are now rubbing Thailand off their holiday list. They just say that it is too dangerous...

A lot of the middle class family types will be put off by this.

Its is an outrage and shows the rest of the world, that Thais just could not give a toss about us...

Thats fair enough but it will hurt in the Thais pocket. What with all the trouble in the south they should be aware of how they are portrayed.

STH

I've heard of a few with similar worries. It is particularly prevalent in those who do not really know Thailand, having perhaps not visited before or having been only a couple of times to main tourist areas such as Phuket or Samui etc. They are the ones being frightened away.

It is a particularly bad time for the UK people though. The euro is too strong making Europe expensive whilst the baht is depressed making Thailand relatively cheap.

The Toxic bastard's vision of XYZ million extra tourists by a week next Thursady looks like taking a battering doesn't it ?

Archived