A Farang For All Seasons -- Epilogue

JaiGuruDev

A Farang For All Seasons -- Epilogue

I didn't sober up until well after we left Tokyo.

Because of the hurricane, the flight to Tokyo was pretty rough. In fact, a few people got bounced to the ceiling, and we were met on the tarmac in Tokyo by a couple ambulances. Some people never learn, but I know that seat belt sign is up there for a reason.

One thing is for sure; if there's ever a hurricane on the flight path in the future, I won't be flying.

We worked hard to keep the lines of communication open with many phone calls and emails to Nit (the rubber tree farm girl), GoodGirl, and Sip.

Lady and Sip remained good friends and called each other often.

One day Lady emailed MikeM saying Sip's sister passed away from the brain tumor, and I haven't heard from Sip since.

Mai phen rai?

Sip was a hell of a girl, but I wasn't ready to make an honest woman of her. It's my loss for sure.

It turned out that HappyFace had been keeping an eye on Gooner for the entire time, and described to a "T" every girl he barfined that week. I guess we weren't as sneaky as we thought we were.

As I type this, Antman is out shopping for "something diamondy" to surprise Wifey. He asked if I knew anything about diamonds, and I said, "Don't get her diamonds, wait until you get to Bangkok, and take her to one of those gold shops."

"Why?"

"They offer some sort of guaranty on the gold so if she ever needs money, she can easily sell it."

To which Antman replied, "She'll never need money again."

Uh oh?.

Archived