Soi 13 all night soup kitchen pavement bars

Ashman

I've been away from LOS for a few months, great to be back again. Recently I've been to the suckumvit soi 13 area just outside Thermaes. This situation never seizes to amaze me. There seems to be a lot more people down there recently and it's still ok to drink all night. I was there untill gone 5 am recently and there were still a lot of punters around. It just seems so stupid that everyone gets kicked out of all the bars at 1 or 2 am and it's ok to litter the streets with people drinking all night in full veiw of the public. I believe that you can get a drink on the other side of the road now aswell, just outside the landmark hotel. My mate reckons the police let this go on to spite the powers that be as they are missing out on their tea money from letting bars open late. I guess they get kick backs from the soup stall-beer bars now instead. How long will this crazy situation go on?

As you say, the situation is totally ludicrous. Two-three weeks ago I arrived too late to catch a bird at the NEP, so I just pulled one from the Nana car lot, ran into a friend, and we drank Sang-Thip cokes in front of Majestic until 5 A.M.

Archived