Pattaya ghettos

yfs

My friend and I were sitting around discussing Pattaya and the subject of how certain ethnic groups and nationalities seem to hang out in certain areas. Other than soi 2 being a German area and soi 7 & 8 being Anglo, are there any other ethnic enclaves? What about the Russians? Japanese? Chinese...?

Arabs seem to hang around the south end near the branch-off to Jomtien, lots of Middle eastern restos there.

Russians seem to frequent south end of Walking Street

Germans/German-run bars are on Naklua Road just past the dolphin.

Brits/Aussies/Kiwis are everywhere.

Some Americans own pieces of Soi Pattayaland (eg. Lewinski's etc).

soi 2 has a bar that attracts a lot of Korean tours (next bar west of Flamingo).

The Koreans and Taiwanese all seem to stay in the same area as well - it's called Tour Bus!

Seriously though, I've also noted this phenomenon. Naklua seems to be quite a German area, sois 7/8, British and Marine Plaza, Arabic.

There are, however, bars all over catering to specific nationalities. There's the Black Horse in soi Diamond, Halle's bar in soi 8 and Raymond's on 2nd road which are specifically Finnish. G'Day Mate (small soi bet. Pattayaland 1 and 2), and the 'Roo bar are for the Aussies. There's also a couple of Belgian places and at least one Austrian. And the top end of soi Diamond seems to be a mini-Switzerland!

Interesting how these things happen.

The Shangri La for Cornish folk is located on Soi 7 & 3/4.

:)

You have to say the magic words "Ooh's got the keys for my combine harvester, ooh aarrghh?" and then the portal will open. You will know it when you find it, oh yes, for there will be mounds of clotted cream and a noticeable scent of pasties. The punters shall be wearing smocks and carrying shepherd's crooks.

Maybe one day I shall make it back there. ::

does any one remember the then "GRACE BAR " IN WALKING STREET ,,,, EVERY night it was jam packed with arabs and so many girls ,we are talking about hundreds,,, then i think a diplomatic law came in force in Bahrain and they stopped comming. now its called "STARLIGHT BAR" and seems empty ....

Archived