What are ploite things to say when meeting GTG

She doesn't speak English well, studies 3rd year Ramkamhaeng, says she has 'no time'. Smiles. She did give me her number and name and i gave her my card. We chatted a long time and a good feeling.

I said, 'ta mi way-la, tor gun koei len dai'. (if ur free, u can call and have a casual chat) I assume this has no 'sexual connotations to it, and was wondering about other nice things i can say that imply a sense of detachment, but show respect to her and her time. I could see that she liked me, and we had a nice chat in thai.

Basically, i want to know what would be standard things to say that are simply polite, imply that i care about her in an honest way, and show repect towards her time. Without typical 'pushy' farang style, lets meet tommorw, go to a movie...

You have speak a language quite well to convey things like politeness, rudeness, and such. If you don't, it will be assumed (and rightly so) that both polite and rude things that you say are not to be taken seriously because they are unintended and random.

In those cases, it is mostly your body language that will convey whether you're polite and respectful.

Archived