Hoo Bao Bpai Noi

JetCity

So, I'm learning more thai from www.ethaimusic.com and I come across the song Hoo Bao by Clash. The translation says Hoo Bao means 'gullible'. Hmmm, good word to know.

Can any of you thai experts break this down for me ...

What do Hoo and Bao mean independently ... and together? Tone? Does this mean gullible and naieve or are those different words in Thai?

More importantly, how would one say ... I'm not gullible ... pom mai chai kon hoo bao?? Someone once posted here (I think) that mai bpen suparot (I'm not a pineapple) was something like I'm not stupid or gullible... true?

of any other good slang along these lines?

huu - ear

bao - light (not heavy)

together it means something like gullible, the opposite is "huu nac" - heavy ear, doesn't believe anything easily.

careful not to confuse it with bao huu (bao with a different tone, the verb blowing), similar to gossiping, but with a slightly different meaning than "lin thaa".

flyonzewall said:

huu - ear

bao - light (not heavy)

together it means something like gullible, the opposite is "huu nac" - heavy ear, doesn't believe anything easily.

careful not to confuse it with bao huu (bao with a different tone, the verb blowing), similar to gossiping, but with a slightly different meaning than "lin thaa".

I guess you meant to write Nin Thaa :)

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived