Pattaya Sunshine Hotel, review

BrownFox77

Ended up staying at the Sunshine hotel on Soi 8 in Pattaya because Sandy Springs was fully booked. This was my 1st time staying here, so decided to write it up.

Booked a "Sea View Delux" room in the new wing. My room was actually the on the top (8th) floor, a corner unit. Not a suite but just a large room with a good sized bath - had 2 seperate showers as well as a bath. Both the 'bedroom' and bath had large wrap around windows offering one a nice view of Pattaya bay from one side, and Soi 8's nightlife on the other side.

The king size bed was nice and comfortable. Not much furniture, had a mini-fridge, table with 2 chairs, very large balcony (with chairs on it), and the balcony overlooked Soi 8.

Overall everything was pretty new and in good shape, well maintained. One nice thing was the maid was real nice about coming to clean late in the afternoon - at times in Sandy Spring's I'd have the maid from Hell who wanted to clean before noon even. The 1st day in Sunshine I woke up "early" and went for a 'water run' around 1430 - the maid saw me and commented that I got up way too early - I liked her already!

Like many places this one had one of those "key sticks" you have to put in the slot to get your aircon, however I simply take the key off (keep in my pocket), and leave it going 24/7.

I tried the room service, while they were fast I hated the food so always brought something myself after that. Laundry was fast, excellent, and cheap. The pool wasn't too bad, they actually have 2 and also a large seperate "sun deck" that I liked.

It was definately girl friendly, only once when I was there was there a guard who took the girl's ID - when she left in the morning they actually called me to be sure all was well. However, all the other nights there was no one that took the girl's ID cards.

The location was more on the 2nd road top of Soi 8 which was good as the girls in 90% of the beer bars wouldn't see you when you brought back girls.

One funny thing, the showers had HUGE wrap around open windows with NO curtains, etc and you could see all over Soi 8, Soi 9, etc while you showered - and the glass on these windows looked like one way mirrored glass - only it wasn't. ALL the girls thought no one could see them as they showered naked however people on the outside could see right in :o (I never did tell the girls though...:devil: ). The only saving grace was that everything was a bit far away.

Staff was very friendly and they had a nice Internet Cafe right near the lobby. The room I was in was very quiet at all hours. No in room safe but free saftey deposit box in lobby.

One surprising thing happened my 1st night there as I was unpacking my bags from bangkok. In the room next door there was suddenly VERY loud 70's era Rock music playing, and then I could smell heavy Marijuana smoke, just pouring out of my neighbor's balcony. With Thailand's strict drug laws I didn't like being next to some dopers - who apparently were very stupid dopers at that. Last thing I needed is for them to throw their dope on my balcony when the Mib came. No I didn't like this at all. I walked out onto the balcony, they were actually out there and were surprised to see me, they quickly withdrew back into their room, music turned off, and that was the last I saw or heard them - thankfully. :bow:

Other than the dopers and having to be an exhibitionist when taking showers, wasn't a bad place at all, cost for the delux seaview when I stayed was 1700 baht/night. Here's their link: Sunshine Hotel, Pattaya

:snowman::elephant:santahat.gif

Archived