Building a House in Thailand

CondomKing

Khun_Kong said:
In my GF's village near Loei, she claims that the family pays 300 B/year tax for the farmlands only- no tax on the land that the family homes are on.

Well, Mom's house was on a small piece of land, so, I guess, 50 B is maybe about right. Really, I have no idea. :dunno:

Here's a picture taken at the start on construction about a month and a half ago. no more house

I wish I had a picture of the original house which stood on this lot, but the ones that I do have are snapshots not digital. :(

It was built over 100 years ago and was carefully deconstructed so that we could use the wood in the new construction.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If I were ever to build another house in Thailand I'd buy a roll of string, some plumb bobs and a few levels of different types and sizes and make sure they were used often and also to check the work on a daily basis for plumb, level and square."

:oI had a friend in the States that had a house built. He used a transit. I would ask him why one end of the house was higher then the other. He could not understand how that could have happen when the contractor used a transit (having a transit and knowing how to work it might be another thing).

:DI built a couple of buildings in the states and used mostly water levels (plastic tubing with a little bit of water in them), regular levels and string (for laying out walls and to be used as a plumb bomb). It is amazing how many building that do not have square corners. A cheap roll of string can easily lay out a square cornered wall very easily. :wave: :wave:

Archived