Thailand tightens rules on alcohol and cigarette s

I personally think this is a backdoor move to introduce midnight closings like the goverment has wanted to do. The last couple of times they met with large protests, but if they say they got the idea from the King's speech, maybe most thai's will keep quite and accept it.

In the article it says alcohol sales will end at midnight. While it is unclear if this will apply bars and discos that are allowed to be open past midnight the goverment minister from the excise department said it probable will.

I am really wondering where it will stop. More and more oppressive laws cutting into everyone?s freedom. No shopping after 9:30, no fuel after midnight, no alcohol and cigarettes from midnight-11am and 2pm -5pm, no disco louder than 90db.....

It is getting more and more laughable!

But I am more and more annoyed about Thai people. Why do they accept all this bullshit? Why don't they go on the street and force Thaksin to finally piss off? Like the Ukrainians did.

Thais seem to accept everything even that Thaksin and his family gained another 70% from SET that has significantly declined this year.

This is really pissing me off much more than all this stupid laws who nobody can really enforce anyway.

Why don't they go on the street and force Thaksin to finally piss off? Like the Ukrainians did.

-------------------------------------

They did, when the same thing that happened in Ukr. happened in Thailand, circa 1992. Different situation, but quite similar as far as illegitimacy perceived by citizens.

Since then, they all have bills and mortgage to pay, and more stuff to buy. usually keeps people off the street!

Hardy641 said:

I am really wondering where it will stop. More and more oppressive laws cutting into everyone?s freedom. No shopping after 9:30, no fuel after midnight, no alcohol and cigarettes from midnight-11am and 2pm -5pm, no disco louder than 90db.....

It is getting more and more laughable!

But I am more and more annoyed about Thai people. Why do they accept all this bullshit? Why don't they go on the street and force Thaksin to finally piss off? Like the Ukrainians did.

Thais seem to accept everything even that Thaksin and his family gained another 70% from SET that has significantly declined this year.

This is really pissing me off much more than all this stupid laws who nobody can really enforce anyway.

Yep. And then you meet bargirls who still can't see what's wrong with Thaksin! Incredible... :banghead:

What a fucking joke - you don't want to sell alcohol or cigarettes to youngsters so instead of passing laws on stricter penalties for those caught selling to that group or diverting money to help enforce the existing law, you pile a nonsensical one on top that affects everybody! ::

It's getting closer to the Eddie Izzard line (which was originally a joke!): "Yes, no smoking in bars in California... And soon no drinking and no talking.."

Things going on in Thailand are at least as bad as in the Ukr.

It is well known that Thaksin bought the elections 4 years ago with the 1,000,000 THB village fund and the 30 THB sheme. He further bought 8 of the 15 judges that should actually have banned him from politics for 5 years for obviously concealing his assets. This is pure corruption and money politics!

But still many Thais love this asshole. This is what is pissing me off most. :banghead::cussing:

He is not an assshole. He is just a clever businessman who forgot that you just cant run a country like a company.

I belive that if this unbelievable discourse is continued long enough, even the lazy entertainment happy Thais are going to have to get off their asses to stop the nonsense.

Archived