Cent Saved my life (Part One)

Ckrisg

Well the time was fast approaching, the trip to the Village to meet the folks. Make sure you are ready at 10, taxi will pick us up darling, says my g/f so sweetly as she floats out of the room, weighted down with the new gold ring and half of MBK.

Why do we buy so much I ask innocently, to which a scowl replies, must buy for family show you care. Yes but why do I have to care so much I mutter. One hour to go, time to get down to internet cafe on Si Phraya, hope its not full of school kids abandoned there since school was let out.

Download 'Cent Tales from the Village', Cent thank you. What am I letting my self in for, where the hell is Pichau, near Uttaradit darling, big city.

11 o'clock at the train station thank God train has air con, settle down for a 6 hour journey. Jesus this air con is blowing a blizzard but the train leaves on time (take note Richard Branson). The early morning light breaks over Pichau and the fields are full of farmers herding and others tramping down rice paddies. We arrive Pichau station early morning to be mugged by the taxi mafia outside the temple next to the market (Pichau has a temple and a market, but fu... all else) my eyes swim around in hope, where are the bars and gogo's darling I ask aloud to be greeted by howls of laughter, stupid farang, no bars in Pichau. Oh Jesus I'm stuck here for three days.

to be continued

[ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: Ckrisg ]

[ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: Ckrisg ]

be careful when you get invited out to dinner at whatever the best restraunt in town is.

It will turn into a big party with parents, brothers, sisters, and friends there of.

and you'll get the bill.

and a lot of food. unfinished bottles of booze, taken home also, but you'll be lucky if you see any of it.

Pasathai,

Yeah, but the whole party/meal will cost you maybe 1,000-2,000 baht really, booze included, and you will be seen as Jai Dee if you play it right and don't let yourself be taken advantage of. AND if your lass is a good one and cares she won't let anything too exhorbitant happen. She'll make sure the leeches don't fuck with you. If she doesn't, well I'd dump her right quick!!! Plus, you paid for the booze, take it home with you. Or make a bit of a deal about presenting it to someone else to take home for themselves. Shows them you're not some stoop, and know what's up and aren't to be taken advantage of. Of course you are footing the bill for the party. But the biggest expense of the whole affair will be a bottle of Black really. (Sang Song and Mekong would be acceptable too, and not make you look a cheap charlie) AND, if you are truly accepted by your lass' family and friends you will be invited to many of their homes for feasts and booze ups where you won't spend a damned satang!!

Really, you may run into friends and family of your lady's who see you as the proverbial walking ATM, but your lady should be watching your back on this shit. If she isn't then those are your warning signs to get the hell out of the relationship, pronto!!

Cent

Archived