How to pay for product in Thai baht from America?

hawaiijohn

2% actually isn't bad. It would be in the $15-16 dollar range, versus wiring the money to their bank account. That usually cost me $25 with Bank of America. I buy furniture in Thailand and usually just wait until I am visiting Thailand and then take out 20,000 B per day until I have the correct amount. If you don't know the person selling the painting very well, I'd pay the 2%.

If you use a credit card, the credit card may provide some protection in case it arrives damaged or does not arrive at all. As for the 2%, as far as I know, the merchant agreement does not allow merchants to tack on an extra charge for using a credit card. If the merchant says he gives a 2% cash discount and that is the price posted, that is a different thing.

If you want to dispute the 2%, do it after delivery. Make sure invoice/bill states price of item and 2% extra for using credit card. If you contest it, the disputed bill will probably not show up on your card until the bill is resolved.

are there any Thai banks in the USA that can do a bank check in baht ?

I need to pay for a couple things too,

I screwed up and put the wrong name on a 12,000 baht bank check I got in BKK and the company cannot cash it !

I can get my money back next time I am in BKK,

but I need to send the 12K to get them working on my parts,

its not a retail business so they do niot take credit cards :(

Any ideas ?

OC

Archived