the ladies of the pool venues

kohchaiBKK

I've been logging in some time at some of the pool venues around town. Bamboo, New Wave, Big Boy, etc. I've noticed some serious stunners there that can also play a good game. I'm curious if anyone knows what the game is, or even if there is a game, with these girls. I've seen some of them at more than one venue on the same night. They don't seem to be interested in anything more than playing pool. I watch them, and they don't appear to be much interested in sanuk. I've also noticed that they run up bar tabs that they at least make the appearance of paying. I have gotten to know one girl, and I know she is playing around(i've met all 3 of her boyfriends), but I'm not sure if she is the exception or the rule.

Does anyone know if they are:

1.-Paid to be there to bring in the customers, either by an hourly rate

or by winning.

2.-There looking for boyfriends, husbands, or somebody to pay the bills.

3.-Available on request

crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

In New Wave the girls are sort of like customers. They dont work for the bar nor do the bar pay them anything. Some of the girls there are just there to play pool and drink

Them hanging around brings in the customers so the owner and managers are happy.

You can play pool as if you were in a regular pool bar back home, just put your name on the board and wait your turn. Loser pays 20baht to the service girl for the game.

These girls are freelancers, if they feel like it they will go with you, but it is not as cut and dry as asking them "How Much for Short time". You need to make more of an effort and they are picky about who they go with. Most of them tend to look for the short term boyfriend type thing, so not really the place to go for a quickie.

Money would be involved on most occasions, but it could be in the form of gifts, jewellry or cash dependant upon the girl and her situation. Imagine her to be a high maintenance girlfriend

Some of those girls are gorgeous, some of them are gorgeous and total bitches too.

Many have been married and been abroad with Farang before so are more worldly than your average Go Go girl.

Depends what you like really, but expect to have to chase a little, makes it far more fun.

the nice thing is not having bar fines, lady drinks and all the other crap and having the freedom to say lets go somewhere else. Many of them hang out in Hard rock, Spassos and CM2 later on, so they may drag you over there.

May of these girls have open bottles of Chivas or Black in the clubs scattered around, depends on you and them but sometimes they take you out for the night.

Hang around there and watch it all happen,even if you do not want to approach them if they see your face a few times they will probably be a little friendlier.

Dont take them to a Go Go bar, they are not really into that scene

swishtz,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've been playing a game of cat and mouse with one of them, and I'm still not sure if I am the cat or the mouse. I'm probably gonna wind up being the mouse, but it'll be a nice change of pace if I'm a happy mouse. She definitely fits into either the gorgeous, or the gorgeous bitch category, but theres no doubt I'm playing in a more challanging league than the standard punter/bargirl match-up. I'll let you know if she cleans my clock.

This all sounds a bit ridiculous to me. Generalising that 'many are more worldly and have married..different blah blah' etc.. I know many girls from some of these bars (bamboo, new wave and flyers specifically) and they are no different to any other freelancers. Many you will find in Thermae or Nana Disco after hours. They are just freelancers that like pool! There is no illusion here. They are just aiming for a higher price.

Sure.., point taken.

I've also noticed for many of the younger ones it seems to be a springboard into the scene. I've also known a few who started at these type of seemingly respectable establishments and then ended up waving their fanny's for $$ at Nana Disco, Thermae etc..

Hello

I was first shown the New Wave pool hall

by a freelancer I picked up at nana disco the night before. After meeting all her girlfriends I noticed that many were regulars at nana disco also. I think they meet there have some fun together then start there hunt for customers.

bkkblues

Archived