River hotel in Chiang Mai?

mogul

Yeah, stayed there 2 nights after a fight with the GF. But that is another story... ::

About 1k down the road from the night market. A little out of the action but as of late '03 it was clean, friendly, 1100-1200Bht p/night( I think), and kept up. High season many tour groups (Ch, Twai, Kor). Plenty of tuk-tuks to shuttle ppl around. Depends upon price but I would stay there again. I have a car so that makes a difference

I wouldn't stay there unless you have your own transport. It's pretty far out on Chang Klan road. (Which is the Night Bazar road, but this hotel is FAR out). And you can get the Empress Hotel for not that much more. (Same owner/group as Park Hotel).

I don't think there are any hotels directly on the river that are affordable, guest-friendly AND well maintained. Diamond Riverside is the first two, but not the last.

Mogul, AllMany years ago, i was staying at the Chiang Mai Plaza Hotel and took a walk to check out the sois off Charoen Prathet Road. On soi 2, there is/was a small "boutique" hotel that was immediatly appealing. The name is River View Lodge. Right on the Ping with some rooms having balconies overlooking the gardens leading to the river. Open air restaurant. Although i have not stayed there, I have read excellent review comments of same. I believe my next trip to CM will include a stay at River View Lodge.Pale Rider"A man has to know his limitations"

Archived