January Sales

Bkkbound04

For guys travelling from UK:

AMAZING WESTEAST JANUARY SALE - STARTS SATURDAY 22nd JANUARY 2005 @ 10am

What a month we have in store for you! With an average saving of over £100, can you

afford NOT to get away?

Here's a taster of what we have on offer for you - remember, seats are limited and will

be sold fast, so make sure you book now to guarantee you save over hundreds of £££s!

Thai Airlines International

£322 to Bangkok

£352 to all domestic points in Thailand

£385 to Hong Kong / Singapore / Guangzhou / Kuala Lumpur / Penang / Chengdu / Xiamen

£395 to HoChiMinh / Hanoi / Vientiane / Manila / Jakarta / Phnom Penh / Yangon / Bali

£415 to Beijing / Shanghai / Taipei

£465 to Perth

£505 to Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane

£545 to Auckland

Eva Air

£320 to Bangkok in economy

£520 to Bangkok in Evergreen Deluxe

£455 to HoChiMinh & Hanoi

£475 to Taipei / Kaohsiung

Korean Air

£299 to Seoul

£455 to HoChiMinh & Hanoi

£425 to Manila & Japan

Phuket Air

£325 to Bangkok

£555 to Sydney

£485 to Bali

Vietnam Airlines

£469 to HoChiMinh & Hanoi

£325 to Bangkok / Phuket / Singapore / Kuala Lumpur / Delhi

Call now on 0870 220 1001 or visit www.westeasttravel.com

WestEast Travel

295 King Street, London, W6 9NH

t: 0870 220 1001

f: 0870 220 1039

e: uk@westeasttravel.com

w: www.westeasttravel.com

Personnaly am a little pissed by this offer as I booked a flight to BKK at £499 with the same agent just this morning.At 322 I think a weekend break is in order :)

JP

so I guess noone have info which airlines usually have discounted tickets that are still somewhat flexable e.g. cancel fee upto or nearby dep. & changable return date free or for a fee?

I prefer SQ actually, but so far I've found dkk12.000 as cheapest departing 22feb-25apr initially on singaporeair.com!!

it seems TG may be best bet as usual.

does anybody know for sure, which booking class eastwest travel sells discounted & if they are rebookable???

I'm glad to hear that, so I may stick with my somewhat flexible discounted econymy BA reservation on 22feb.

It's a 1 year ticket that just needs to be issued 7 days b4 departure. Around the GBP500 mark with 2 first nights mandatory bkk accomodation thrown in! Changeable outbound & inbound dates USD125 a piece or perhaps only 1 change allowed not to sure?

Anyone aware of better 'flexible' Y class tickets particular star alliance flights appreciated?

Tried to get SQ's super flexible B class ticket advertised for 9500dkk, but it seems neither airline itself or other agents willing to sell???

hmm very quiet, unknowledgable or uninterested fellow posters here :-(

however I still choose to post my findings so far:

BA is still a very good bet & one of the very cheapest around with changable dates.

LH turned out much better for my specific need as I get to stop over in Frankfurt for free as well as their 6mdt ticket allow 1 free change of return flight date & subswequent changes at usd100. ticket can even be refunded altogether in case of severe changed plans, but at a feee of usd150 or so upto outbound departure ;)

Cost just over 1000eur, while the almost as flexable 3mdt ticket would have been 20% or so less without the 1 free change...

another interesting learning is how the different blocks of booking classes within economy are sold. class Q(1 mdt I think?), which was the first I came across was the first to be sold out & this doesn't depend on how far in advance one book a seat, but simply on if there's still any left? If not class H may be there at a higher price of course, but still quite a deal some 2 weeks before departure. Finally class M & B & full price Y costs almost as much as biz & they're fully flexible(well Y should at least be!).

so it's not all discounted unflexible tickets out there as I most often believed & I guess whatever ticket & what your agent told by calling the airline one will find out for sure if a change of date indeed is possible & for how much ;)

the hard part though is to get the information about how flexible exactly is that ticket one is just about to confirm online by credit card, as e.g. austrian airline etc. doesn't tell you & booking class ain't informed either!

Archived