Bird flu in Vietnam

New Vietnam case has 'bird flu' virus suspected of jumping from human to human. Scary shit, and details are very limited at this time.

Victims brother died also, and the worry is contracted from him directly. :dunno: If true, could be really, really serious.

HT

Each year they say it maybe the big one, but it doesn't happen.

But as the virus continues to infect people there is a greater possibility that it might mutate so as to spread from human to human.

Not much seems to being done as far as trying to come up with a vaccine or whatever, so I suspect if it does happen - major breakout - then the world will wake up and take notice. I wonder how many will die from this 'disaster'?

MightyMouse said:

Each year they say it maybe the big one, but it doesn't happen.

But as the virus continues to infect people there is a greater possibility that it might mutate so as to spread from human to human.

Not much seems to being done as far as trying to come up with a vaccine or whatever, so I suspect if it does happen - major breakout - then the world will wake up and take notice. I wonder how many will die from this 'disaster'?

MM,

Ah,but you are wrong here my emoticon enslaving friend and fiend. Last year Thailand sent samples of the bird flu to the CDC (Center for Disease Control)in the states for study toward making a vaccine. Things are being done. So you musy not be dead yet, because you don't know everything. Well, that's good news ain't it? And let those poor dancing red chilies go now you, you, emoticon abuser you!

Cent

Yes. If it makes the jump that is scary shit. *They* have been sounding alarm bells on this for some time and with good reason.

SE Asia will take a major tourist hit if/when it happens. And if they don't come up with a vaccine quick the world is going to experience some of mother nature's old fashioned population control.

Archived