Walking in a Winter Wonderland-part 3

Central Scrutinizer

Walking in a Winter Wonderland--part 3

My friend and I stayed in DC-10 Bar after his newbie buddy left with the new love of his life, or at least love for this night, and we enjoyed some more diddling about in the corner. His long time lady he's been seeing the past couple of years was back in his hotel room. Mine, the new wife, was a six hour's drive up in Surin. I'd be leaving the next day to go up and stay with her the next five weeks.

Some idiot, I don't believe it was me, but my idiocy has been known to rear it's foolish head on occasion, so it's possible it was me, suggested we quaff a couple of Mexico's finest mysterious and tasty alcoholic concoctions.......Jose's Gold. Tequila shots! Uh oh! We ordered for ourselves and our little brown monster handlers. "A round of tequila shots please!" said my friend to the sexy little waitress. Thank God, Buddha, and Khun Purachai's enlightened guidance and new bar time closing rules. It was almost 2 a.m.

If we had any longer to drink and diddle about with the lasses I'm afraid my rule and desire to be a "non-butterflying" type of husband may have had to be amended to "Well, just this once then. She'll never know." or maybe I'd have taken on old Mr. Bill Clinton's decidedly Democratic belief that a blow job doesn't construe sexual intercourse, and therefore I was sticking true to my vows. I've always wondered what Mrs. Clinton's feelings were on this subject. But then, observing Mrs. Clinton's fat ass and tree stump legs I've never really blamed ol' Bill's desire to stray. I have way much less reason for doing so myself. And I only had to restrain myself, and my evil partner in crime...Godzilla, for one more day before being with my lovely lass and many hours of conjugal visits between the sheets with someone I love and would rather be with, and would rather not hurt in any way. Love is a many splendored thing so they say, and I do so love her splendors!

We disentangled ourselves from our DC-10 lasses and decided on a night cap or two at the Woodstock Bar before staggering back to our respective hotel rooms. Myself alone and chaste. My friend to a warm, occupied, bed. Sigh. Love does make a man insane I guess.

I noticed on my stumble to find a taxi on Sukhumvit to take me back to my hotel on Soi 22, Bourbon Street Hotel it was, that there was a bit of a nip in the air, and a few nips who had had a few too many nips leaving Nana Plaza too. Maybe the wife wasn't so crazy after all. It would definitely be somewhat cooler up in Surin too than in The Big Mango I surmised in my somewhat slightly inebriated state.

I hailed a taxi and caught a ride with a driver who I think may have been drunker than I was. At least his driving would lead one to suspect this may be so. I hopped a bit unsteadily from the taxi on my arrival, said hello to my small muscular Isaan guard buddy, who is the happiest soul I've ever come across, and gingerly negotiated the stairway up to reception.

These are a dangerous set of stairs in Bourbon Street for those who have had a tipple or two. Damned near broke my neck a few times on these stairs over the years! Add those stairs to the funky tiled step in most of the bathrooms in the Bourbon Street Hotel's rooms and a drunken bum such as myself could kill himself easily if not careful.

(to be continued)

Cent

Archived