Back in Issaan

phoenix

Nok had to go and resolve some myserious burocratic bungle she has in relation to having several names, several ex husbands, (dead, divirced and deserted), probably several passports. Possibly because of the citizens being put on a database (Police or Ampur?), she got found out and ended up in this burocratic morass. Been threathened with jail (?) (or is that a sob story?), she keeps coming back to Nakhon Phanom to talk to various officials of theAmpur and the Police. Sometimes, to change her name back to her maiden name, she is expected to show ownership of land papers(which she has), sometimes a bank balance as "Guarantee". Today it was land, and the police officer in question said that today they thought that showing a healthy bank balance would not be beneficial.

Anyway, it is all over my head, and I'm just along for the ride. On my first visit to her "village", (20 KM NW of NP)we stayed at a hotel in NP city, very nice, but still, 1500 Bt per night. This time we ended up (after severe debate) staying at the family home, ( see my thread 'stubborness' in "Relationships)

This is indeed an experience not to be missed (even although I'd be happy to miss some of it.

We started off by being collected by her sister in teh family pick-up. Then drove to town, to buy a double bed and wardrobe at a cheap kind of discount place just on the edge of town. I had been asking myself whetehr it was at all possible on Sunday 5.30 pm to buy a bed in a small place like NP, So now you all know it, it is.

Oops, I am being summonsed, more later

Archived