Stickman's column this week...

bibblies

Hi bibblies,

I just feel people take what is there far too seriously. The man has a full-time job, and puts this thing out, on the side. It's not a pay site, where every fact he has reported to him, can be born out in total detail.

>>>>If Stickman's entitled to say what he wants (and indeed says it so loudly in a public place especially set up by himself for that purpose) then surely people are entitled to say what they want in reply.<<<

I'll agree with that. But personal attacks as to whether he is a man, or not, is taking it a little to far. That is not being objective as to just what is written. That is attacking the messenger, as opposed to the message itself.

It's the personal attacks here, I have a problem with.

<<<<<Nice to know you're still moderating (or attempting to moderate) out other peoples' valid opinions as attacks simply because they disagree with your cosy views. I don't think it'll work this time though.<<<<<

I'm not moderating anything. I'm simply giving my opinion.

HT

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart's bleeding about all these "personal attacks" that an anonymous New Zealand teacher who calls himself "Stickman" is getting. How can any of my "attacks" be "personal" when that's the extent of my personal knowledge about the guy? ANSWER THAT, GO ON!

I just go on what I read, which has, imo, turned into a lazy pile of Trink-alike. And I point it out here to see if anyone agrees with me. It appears at least a few do.

If a guy sets HIMSELF up (nobody forced him, remember?) on a public Internet site and is grand enough to write his own weekly "comment" then he's got to expect a bit of criticism.

I say it now. Stickman, if you don't watch yourself, you'll become the new Trink... if you're not there already.

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"Is he a hypocrite also? He rejects being involved in the prostitution scene there, albeit, less vocal about it."

At the risk of getting drawn into this argument, I do not think that Stick and I are the same in this respect. I may not be actively involved in the scene anymore, but I do not write about how offensive and bad I find it.

Secondly, there are limits to what banners I will and will not accept, regardless of how much they pay. And I must admit that I do find it odd that a person who takes a fairly strong stance on the prostitution issue would allow such banners on his site.

But, of course, it is *his* site, so welll.. up to him I guess.

Sanuk!

Pretty much my view on it too. Khun Sanuk seems pretty agnostic, simply providing a forum for debate, while Stickman's position is more akin to that of the British Daily Mail newspaper: strong on opinionated editorial, making its very living hypocritically from satisfying the appetites of a prurient readership under the guise of highlighting what a shame/outrage it is that this sort of thing should take place...

The interesting thing isn't any of what he says (Hey readers - Rainbow bars are for Japanese guys - shock!). It's watching the dilemma in the guy's mind. Hmmm.. draft question to Mrs Stickman: "What do you think of Stickman spending so much time writing about a scene he claims to detest? Methinks some part of him hasn't quite made up his mind yet..." (Cue interception by Mr Stick::)

True but that was concerning a legitimate complaint about a certain service, not endless carping about the motives of another webmaster, and I do seem to recall receiving more than one warning. Don't you think it's about time this anti stick campaign was ended also?-peter

You seem a bit obsessed with newpapers and as I mentioned in a previous vendetta thread of yours an editor of a paper, even that shitty rag the Gaurdian would be most surprised to be expected to agree with all the ads and opinions in that publication he was, shock making money from.Is any shopkeeper who does not smoke and says he thinks it's bad for you a hypocrite for flogging fags?

You seem to have somthing deeply personal against mr stick and are just using the website to have a go at him with. All this hypocisy complaint is utter bullshit, did he ever say he agreed with all the things advertised or agrees with all the opinions in the readers entries, of course not. What I find really puzzling is how PC liberal zealots such as yourself one the one hand have no complaints about any aspect of nighlife, including cambo, yet nitpick over the morals of mr stick. Some would call that incongruous, if not hypocritical.-peter

You should realise than what Bibblies has against the daily mail is that it has too many long words and not enough pics in it. He reads the non hypocritcal, easy to digest daily sport, or for a bit of a good read the Sun.Actually I'm surprised he finds any publication up to his high standards.-peter :neener:

Guest lazyphil

stick is promoting the illicit side of los/asia to the world thats all i meant, i dont care what he thinks of the girls in the scene and the success rate etc.....i like his site, i think on the whole he does a good job, i just think its odd having a banner for a wanking/asian webcam site, i looked at it and its fun but again its just a way to make money for him and i dont blame him, i admire his resolve to keep the site going it must be a burden at times.

lazyphil said:

, i just think its odd having a banner for a wanking/asian webcam site, i looked at it and its fun but again its just a way to make money for him and i dont blame him, i admire his resolve to keep the site going it must be a burden at times.

Why odd? I never saw him write that he thinks wanking is socially damaging and that he used to wank but then saw the light.

I wonder how many people here with no qualms about fucking other peoples daughters for monetary exchange would be happy for strangers to be fucking their own daughter for money? Would a not bloody likey constitute them being a hypocrite?

I don't always agree with Stick and he does change his opinions, but then only a closed mind does not. I think he's got guts to write what he thinks and not sit on the fence. The funny thing is all this whining will only serve to up hits on the site to try and find all this anti prostitiution text (not easy)-peter

I say leave Stickman alone. If you chase Stickman from the scene, who will be next? And then who will be next? and then who will be next?

and then who will be left?

Diversified opinions and experiences add more flavor. 100 people can see the same thing, but in some cases, each writes about the experience differently. Is one more right then the other or is some more wrong then the others?

I hate to say this, but I think some people should drink more beer, at least when they drink they make more sense.

If you don't like the guy, why read what he writes?

Guest lazyphil

for christs sakes nobody is saying they dont like what he writes, at least not me, just making comments on his site, some things he writes i agree some not, i dont blame him for encouraging newbies to go to los for p4p but if the image of pressed white shirt expat falangs gets tarnished by free wheeling football shirt wearing lager drinkers or old overweight guys with tiny issan bgs hand in hand at emporium then he must be able to accept a part of the blame, be it very small part

Archived