teak furniture sale in Bangkok in Feb.

dean

I posted this under my other comments on teak furniture in Chiang Mai but I decided to post this by itself since it concerns teak furniture in Bangkok. On 25 February, for 10 days, several prisons will be sending teak furniture made in their vocational workshop areas to Klom Prem Prison in Bangkok for sale. I stoped by there last week and bought a small teak cabinet for 2,500 B, which had very detailed Thai scrolling on it (along with a miniture three foot boat that is very detailed for 1,500 B). I imagine that during their sale, the amount of furniture to select from will increase by 3-4 times from the amount that I saw.

I forgot to mention that their hours of business are from 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. They only accept cash and the receipt that you are given is completely in Thai but stamped and signed by someone inside the prison (because they had to go inside the prison to get me a receipt, which I did not ask for). It probably would be better to go with someone who speaks some Thai but not necessary (even I was able to point).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived