On the loose after 15 years away

awayguy

(also posted on Nanapong)

I was apprehensive about how I would find the nightlife in Bangkok. Last time I was there three years ago, I was alone and felt like a fat middle-aged punter - just the kind of guy I would have sneered at when I lived there in my twenties - and to make it worse, the bars were smoky and the girls vulgar and loud.

This time I would have some friends to go out with and I was determined, in "make or break" mood, to enjoy myself. And I did (more below!). I am also in town to tie up my divorce and to decide whether to come back to live here next summer. I lived here for 4 years in the eighties and have been back most years for holidays with the Ex. since. I really don't know whether I am doing the right thing coming back now...

I arrive late afternoon after a long flight preceded by a long day's work and not much sleep the night before that. Exhausted, in other words. I have arrived with S, a talkative wheeler/dealer from London with a pocket full of conjuring tricks, and we are met by his brother C, another talkative wheeler/dealer with no tricks, but a pretty decent looking Thai girlfriend. C is living here, teaching English and about to open a stall at the new Lumpini Night Bazaar (being a wheeler/dealer). We head out for dinner at around 8 - to Suda's at Soi 14. My suggestion.

On to Nana and we go into Rainbow 2 (or 3), downstairs, back right corner. I don't like this bar. The stage is packed full of beautiful chicks shuffling around and ignoring everyone. They are watched by too many men. We head out and go to a couple of bars upstairs. I loosen up a little, but nothing is really happening.

We go to Cowboy. My suggestion again. We hit a few bars and see a show at Long Gun. The girls seem pretty hard there to me, but I start to enjoy myself somewhat. We end up at Tilac (used to be the Milano). Oddly enough, my suggestion again! It's about one thirty and I'm yawning my head off. There's some Nanapong-looking guy in there, the table littered with tequila bottles before him. Pretty soon the bar closes and I am still without a partner for the night. S hooks up with a pretty girl whom he goes on to see quite a lot of. We share a cab back and I go to bed alone to sleep.

Next morning we regrouped around the pool and later I had the first of many two hour (traditional Thai) massages at the massage parlour in the adjoining office block. 180 baht for one hour, 320 for two. The girls were real sweet there and I had a great time chatting and joking with them as they pummelled my body back into shape.

We decide to go to Patpong and have a drink at the Safari where C's girlfriend used to work. Not a bad bar, used by expats and quite low key. There is a cute Chiang Mai girl (not my usual style) who has a good arse and I decide to bar fine her on the strength of it. We all go off and have dinner at Tip Top in Patpong and then go on to the Pink Panther after which I head back with the CM girl. Not a bad night, but I am still quite tired and she, I realise under better lighting, has a poor complexion, but still a nice arse! I'm not in love yet.

The next night, Saturday, I meet L (a friend in Bangkok soince 79) for an excellent seafood dinner on Soi 55. We then go out for drinks at Clinton Plaza (pretty dead) and then back to Cowboy where we later meet up with the rest of the gang. Before too long, I meet a lovely brown buffalo girl, x, from Sisaket. Now I'm in love! Great firm body (result of years of honest toil), real cute face and nice manner. 19 years old. I buy her out quite quickly and we have a few more drinks somewhere before heading home. Back at the apartment, we spend a long time chatting and snogging on the balcony. I'm like a teenager on a first date. She is a pretty enthusiastic kisser and almost bites my tongue off a couple of times. In bed she is a bit more passive, but cute and young enough to chow down on and that soon gets her going. I'm still in love! She stays over until about 2 pm the next day and has breakfast with us by the pool. My Thai is going great guns, so it is not too boring having her around.

Sunday evening, my Ozzie friend (neighbour from London) Ian flies in from Phuket and we all go out for a big dinner on the river. I go back and smooch with Miss Sisaket, but don't take her back as I have to pack and get up early for Beijing.

I get back from Beijing Thursday night late (1 am) and don't go out. Friday is divorce day. I need my beauty sleep - besides I didn't get much sleep the night before with the Beijing girl hugging me all night.

Friday, I am really in the mood to unwind after the stressful, and even somewhat tearful, divorce proceedings. x isn't at the bar. What a shame - I may have to switch to someone different (excellent luck!). Before too long S spots a very cute girl greeting outside yyy. We go in and he starts showing her his magic tricks. I start speaking Thai with her. My Thai is more powerful magic (!) and before long she is on my lap making out with me. This is a great girl. Fantastic smile and nearly constant good humour. Also an excellent kisser and I am getting much more excited than I did with x - who actually was rather hard work in the sack. Did I mention that I was in love? This time I really am in Love! I secure my claim and we head off into the night. A great night of wild love making. Only marred by the several phone calls I receive from x in the morning. I pretend she is the room maid and tell her to go away.

Y is from Chayaphum, 20 years old and in the bar for just 5 days. She is not however dim-witted. She has had many friends who have worked in the bars - geeze, at some point in the past, we have probably nailed her aunties! She has also completed high school and speaks decent English (although we speak only Thai to each other). She was living with a Thai guy for a couple of years and then left him and ended up working in a factory until she hooked up with a couple of friends and decided to join them in the bar. No kids. She is so nice and smart that I am sure she will be married within a year.

Y stays over the next day and the next evening I take her out with S and his girl to a Lao restaurant (Vientiene Kitchen, top of Soi 36) where we sit in the fresh air and eat some excellent spicy food. Nice atmosphere with music and pretty dancers. We go on to a Latin restaurant/bar called Senor Pico and have a cocktail and then go on to a new Cuban bar where I teach Y to dance salsa which she picks up very well and gets a real buzz out of. Back at the ranch, more of the same until it seems she has her period coming on. She is mid-way through her cycle and is surprised by this - probably just brought on by the passions of the night before.

The next night, Sunday, is my last full night in Bangkok and I have arranged to go out for dinner and drinks with M, an old university friend, who has now blagged a job with a British insurance firm, after a dozen years of hard labour as a teacher. After dinner, we go to Cowboy and I buy out Y. I am not going to risk my last night with anyone else. However, I leave her in the bar and head out with M to squeeze some tits (an old SOAS tradition!). We find a couple of hot ones in Long Gun and squeeze away. I am almost tempted to switch, but remember that I am in love with Y. We leave the bar and head up the street. Later we end up at ZZZ and I meet a really healthy looking Buriram girl. She is a GREAT kisser (best of the trip) and has a super-firm body. I'm in love again! This one is just right. Exactly the type of girl I like - and all the chemistry is there.

I'm not the cad I once was though and I decide (reluctantly) to go back and pick up Y. She is very affectionate, but somewhat reserved due to the period business (which I am prepared to overlook). A quiet night. Have I done the right thing? Well, by 4 pm the next day, I am sure I did. The period disappeared in the morning and we spent virtually the whole day in bed. At one point, she gazed up at me and asked "why do we like making love so much?". It beats working, I suppose.

That night, I head out to the airport where I meet the Ex. They put us upstairs in Business and we each grab a pair of chairs. We don't talk much. I don't know about her, but I had quite a lot on my mind.

I am definitely in love - with Thailand again, and am in constant e-mail contact with Y and the Buriram kisser.

"I lived here for 4 years in the eighties and have been back most years for holidays with the Ex. since. I really don't know whether I am doing the right thing coming back now..."

"I am definitely in love - with Thailand again, and am in constant e-mail contact with Y and the Buriram kisser".

You found your answer -LOL laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived