Mykal's 2nd trip nights 1&2

Well it is my second time to LOS and this place just keeps getting better and better. Armed with knowledge from my first trip, and more reading on the nana plaza board, (I wonder who notices how often my name is in the “online” area) I was ready for my second trip. Kevin made the mistake of not getting a ticket early enough so he went to London and spent $1000+ and barely left the house, NAAA (no ass at all). I told him to change his ticket and just pay me back but “oh well”. My other friend Jay would be there from the 20th till the 6th and I was there from the 30th till the 6th. Ok here goes. Lengthy as usual.

I boarded the plane at JFK and instantly scoped out the passengers. Taking NO chances. Thankfully everyone was ASIAN and old white folk. They were probably more worried about me (I am black). The flight very uneventful to Tokyo though I could not sleep due to anticipation! Tokyo to BKK the same. 21 hours logged on Northwest. Got to Don Muang. Fulfilled my courier duties and I was off! It is the night of the 30th. First, must try the airport bus. Got the A3 and bought my ticket. A cutie collected the ticket and gave me the sweetest smile. I had a chicken sandwich value meal from Burger King and offered her some. She said what you have? I say chicken! She said I like burger! I laughed and said, “no ploblem” and took a big bite right in front of her. The bus was 100 baht and the ride the same as a taxi to me. I had room and the bus was actually quicker! Got off at soi 7 and went across Sukhumvit to soi 8. I had a reservation at the Royal Asia but they seemed not to have it anymore. They told me I would have a room in 10 mins but it is 12:30am so I walked back to the Promenade. 900 baht a night but the room smelled like smoke! The bellhop cleaned it and miraculously after a stroll to the 7-11 it now smelled pretty good. I tip him 30 baht for this and he looks at me like “come on now”. I look at him like “come on now” and walk out of the room with him. I hit the streets running. I walk past Clinton plaza and almost went in the Thermae but I said only if I get real desperate would I go in there. I still have not seen the inside. End up at soi Cowboy. I had missed this venue last trip and wanted to hit Baccara and look up ladies skirts. Yes I have a problem! I get there and just like the board said, expat hangout and no pressure from the girls. I thought I had lost my touch! A girl stared at me and I waved her over. She looked like she was afraid of another expat rejection. I buy her cola and go through the bargirl 20 questions. I am telling all these girls I am here for a month. (I am here for one week). Work for my baht gotdammit! It is now about 1:50 and we both get a little nervous. I say ok how much LT? She says up to you. I am going to strangle the next bargirl who says this to me. I say 1000 baht she says no way! I say ok how much? She says 2000. I say nah baby that’s all right. She says ok, bye, standing expectantly a little bit away from me. I say bye! She moves on and the place clears out. The damn hello/waitress girl is who I want but she sees what I am about to ask and tells me she is not on offer. (yeah not till rent is due) I head out and everything is going dark on the soi so I head out to Sukhumvit. I see two girls on a corner and this guy is talking to one who is sitting down. He leaves as I approach and see the one sitting down is kind of older but she has a cute smile as I approach and a nice fit set of legs and is wearing a cute skirt. Her friend standing up starts chatting me up and the girl sitting down joins in. It seems the girl standing up is kind of touting her friend. Lets call girl sitting down Kat. (names of course are altered) I say ok you stay LT? She says yes with that lively shake of the head that I have come to love. I use that as a yardstick when I meet a lady and when I ask her home with me. If she gives that lively “name” and “yes” and shakes her head kind of like she is presenting herself to me I am very eager to be with her. This is a reflection of her personality IMO. So we go back to the telly (hotel) and shower together. We then have good sex and I am very tired so we collapse on the bed. I would say she is about 30+ but she still looks good though her face is showing some age signs. Very accommodating in bed and she “finished” three times she tells me but only one was very evident. She is the biggest bag of fun! We sleep until 2 in the afternoon! She tells me an Indian guy tried to choke her to death onece and she stayed in her room for 12 days. I felt a little sorry for her. I decide to save my energy and cut her loose. She says today you get pretty girl I am not very pretty. I think she is ok. She is cute but not a stunner of course. I give her 1000 baht with a 200 baht tip and she says no this is too much! (while putting baht in purse) I am shocked with this girl. 10 years ago she must have made the punters very happy indeed. She made me happy regardless. It is New Years Eve day. I go do a little walking down Sukhumvit and hit the email café across from Nana Plaza. The two cuties that work there remembered me! Uncanny memories these girls have but I love it! They approached me with that so sweet “Sawasdee Ka!”. I love those Thai ladies! I send Jay an email so he knows where I am (not the Royal Asia where I told him). I get back and watch some MTV and then it starts to get dark. I asked a farang earlier what should I do on NYE? He says go to the World Trade Center. I had my NY Yankees stuff on and thought he was having a go at me. Then I remembered they have one in Bangkok. So I hit the sky train for Patpong. I see the WTC on the way and the crowd is already quite dense. I get off at (Phrom Phong?) and head to the Pong. HMMM… All these gogos and where do I go? I thought about my under age cutie at Kings ****** who has turned 18 since my last visit. I say lets see what Kings ****** has for me. I walk up and the touts instantly grab me and I enter. A roar goes up and it seems after 3 months EVERYONE is still there. The older manager guy comes up and shakes my hand and all of the Manager/Mamasaans come over and give me a hug. Its like “Cheers” everyone knows your name. Someone is waving to me. Yes it is my now legal age cutie looking very thick and sexy in her bikini (with an unfortunate cigarette burn in the back but I neglected to point that out to her). I start to salivate. She gives me the biggest hug sets me down and gets me my drink and of course one for her. She immediately says BARFINE! I say how much? She talks with the manager of the Kings Group (guy with glasses) and he says 1000 baht. Oh sh*t that’s right its New Years Eve! I look at my cutie and pull out the note and pay while she goes to get dressed. I remember on the first trip when Jay got drunk and she went to the hotel with us and on the way down in the elevator she refused to tongue kiss me. She gave me a very tightly pressed kiss. That was why I did not continue on with her that night. you have to show eagerness. That went out the window though because I thought about her the whole 3 months back in farangland. She comes out in jeans and a cute gray sleeveless top. I buy a few mandatory drinks for the staff and we are off. We start walking towards the WTC and the crowds are un navigable. So I say I want to go hotel to get camera. She says ok. We start walking and we are holding hands and I am really glad I made that my first stop. I think she is so sexy. She kisses me a couple of times on the way. Pretty nice. We joke about people we pass who look a little lost or funny and end up walking from the Pong to NANA. Wow! We get to the hotel and I did a couple of things but forgot the damn camera! We head back out after 5 minutes and I hit the store on Soi 8 and buy a 200 baht bottle of whiskey and a Pepsi. I open the Pepsi and drink some, replacing the contents with whiskey. I shake and take a sip and hand it to “my now legal cutie” and she takes a pretty healthy gulp. I like this girl. She says lets go back to bar. I say you spend all that time in the bar and you get barfined and want to go back? She says yes NYE bar very fun! I say WTC then bar. We go to the sky train and get tix. She stands in front of the entry with the card and I take it and put it in then put mine in after. I look at her side ways on the way up the stairs and she says “solly never been on train before”! I say “what”?!? She is still a baby in many respects. The train is crowded and she clings to me for dear life. I mess with her by acting like I was trying to pull the doors open and she hugs me tighter. We get to the WTC and the crowds are really ridiculous. We are pushing and pulling and being pushed and pulled. We pass a couple of activities like singers and such and I lift her by the waist and pick her up to let her see. I feel like I am with my daughter. I had to get over that though. She is fine. New Years count down starts and then 3…2…1… Happy New Year! She grabs me and the tongue kiss finally goes down. I feel like a king! Fireworks are going off in the air and we try to catch those silver thingies that were floating down on us. More kissing and we get a taxi and head back to bar. We buy string and we are dousing all the staff and dancers. I even douse the bar manager. He laughs while still looking dignified in his suit. The place is rockin. I start a bin and am buying the staff drinks. We finish our Pepsi and whiskey. She puts her hand out and says Mike give me 200 baht. I want to ask for what but just give it to her. I hope she does not think I am ATM. I am relived when she returns with another bottle of whiskey! Every body is down on this bottle though as is usual with Thai people. No one eats or drinks alone! The night just gets better and eventually I am dancing on stage and on tables and staff to! All the punters end up on the stage. Every time I go down to rest, some bargirl or manager pulls me up on the table or stage to dance! New Years rockin eve sans Dick Clark! Now every five seconds I am being hit on for a drink and “legal age” sees this and takes the chit and says no, close him out. Good lookin out baby! She says we go my house and party after. I say yeah with more of my money huh? She smiles. We dance and party till 5 am! Bargirls and managers are woozy and a couple fall. I tried to catch one and got scratched in the process. I am outside dancing with the touts and this little slim girl is sitting on a stool at the go go across from Kings ****** as Patpong night market has been history for awhile now. She has her legs spread and I am looking dead at her panties. I squat down to get a better look and she runs across the street and grabs my arm and says “come my bar”! I say I can’t but I will see you before I am gone! More on her and her bar later. As the lights come on the bargirls start fighting. Not real physical but they are drunk and eventually their lifestyle gets the best of them and they need to vent. I understand this and just sit and watch as “legal age” is trying to sort things out. I am a little nervous as the dj now is in the middle of it all. The manager of Kings ****** just sits there with his head in his hands like this is all normal. Finally they calm down and my girl says no go house they too mau we go hotel. We get a cab to the hotel and shower separately. We have sex and it is ok but not what I thought it would be. No smoking either. It is ok though. For the time we spent that night it was all worth it. I have to remember she is still a baby and the sex thing may not be there for her yet. We sleep and that is night one and two! More to come…

Mykal

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: mykal ]

Damn, Mykal. You really let your second trip sneak up on us. What the hell have you been up to the last three months????

Anyway, thanks for the report. Looking forward to further info. smile.gif" border="0

Thanks guys. Vtom, I have been working my azz of trying to get back to LOS! A lot of things happened this trip which solidified my love for Thailand. Damn its scary what that place does to your mentality. I have to hang on to my sanity with all I have!

Mykal

At least LOS has give you a purpose, myself prior to discovering LOS had no particular purose other than a vague notion of doing well financially and settling down.

After LOS, I have realised as long as I am in good health and have $1500 a month to spend LOS offers a good bet at perpetual happiness, and as others have said you dont consatntly yearn for something because its already there

Well Zane May, three reasons. I was so entrenched in Patpong and newly found Soi Cowboy this trip that I had no time to go to the Thermae since everything closed at 2am. Second, I talked to a friend of mine about "just going to look" and he made me feel like sh*t. Things like "that place is a sh*thole" etc. He has not been there since its new location though. He may have remembered the old one. Third is I am still a newbie. I want a bar to go back to if things should go wrong for me. In the Thermae I always hear about things going wrong and then the girl disappears for awhile. I would go if they closed at 4 am or something and was a 2-4 am spot. Now it is competing with the prime time go go bars which, without even seeing the Thermae, am quite sure it can't quite measure up.

Mykal

I consider Thermae to be "bottom-feeding." And, I'm not referring to scrumptious arses!

But, I consider bottom-feeding to be a bit of a sport. I enjoy digging through all the junk to find a treasure. It is a challenge which can be very fulfilling when success is achieved. Plus, the employees are casual, everyday people. There are no bitchy mamasans, food is available, and music comes from a modest juke box. It is one place that is big, while also being laid-back.

My motto is--

Thermae: If you're a scumbag, you'll feel blissfully at home (which I do).

Note--I urge people to practice safe-sex, PARTICULARLY when scroggin' with a Thermae girl.

I have been to Thermae once in 1997, 1998,1999. Each time it was a seedy hole in the wall. Never went back since. The air was so thick with smoke you couldn't breathe. The punters and the chicks were dancing the "Last chance for baht" tango. I never saw so much haggling over a purple note! The best thing about the place was the food. Damn good ginger chicken!

A friend actually got lucky a pulled a decent girl there who was a part time free-lancer who worked a day job and went to the Thermae when she needed to cover the rent for the month.

I never took a girl out of there and I probably never will if I do go back. The ambience in the place just sucks and to me is mai sanuk.

Well...

I have been to Thermae 5 times in 2001. I have taken 2 girls, but mostly I just like to be there. It is sort of like hallowed ground. An old, old institution. The smoke is pretty bad, but that goes along with the throwback ambience.

I like to be there and take it all in. It IS a coffee shop (says so right on the sign!) and you can get a good cup of coffee for 50 baht. The girls chat you up with their old lines. Has anyone ever asked me to buy them a drink, I don't think so.

I know a couple of great girls who work Thermae. The love of my life, my GF Noi, for one. You should be so lucky as to hook up with her!

I don't know why there is such strong sentiment being expressed against Thermae here when the vast majority of comments on the board are positive.

Go see for yourself Mykal. Have a cup of coffee on your way to Soi Cowboy. The place is a trip!

Zane

Archived