Audio Capture & Other Questions

gawguy

I'm using the eThaimusic website to study Thai. I can select a song and listen to it. Then

Problem 1: I can't turn it off! How do I do that? (Last night I rebooted.)

Problem 2: I can go offline, the song still plays. It is in the computer memory. I can save the webpage with the words in Eng and Thai, but when I reboot the memory is cleared and the webpage that I saved does not play the song. How do I save or capture those sound files when they are in memory or downloading?

Question: What is the difference between a sound file that downloads to the computer like that and "streaming audio" ?

Thanks

GG

The sound file that is playing on your pc is probably a midi file. I have never heard of it keeping playing after you shut down a web site. If you want to get rid of it, simply open another sound file. That should do the trick and save you a reboot.

What is the difference between a sound file that downloads to the computer like that and "streaming audio" ?

The difference is that to listen to streaming audio is that you will need to open dedicated audio software before you can play the streaming audio.

How do I save or capture those sound files when they are in memory or downloading?

You could use a program like Total Recorder, which is able to capture any sound coming through your sound card. Unfortunately, it's not freeware. A couple of freeware recorders can be found here .

soongmak said:

How do I save or capture those sound files when they are in memory or downloading?

You could use a program like Total Recorder, which is able to capture any sound coming through your sound card. Unfortunately, it's not freeware. A couple of freeware recorders can be found here .

I downloaded "Audacity" which has a five star rating from the website you suggested. It asks for a specific files and opens a file tree which assumes I have this file on my computer or some sort of media. Actually, the song can be found athttp://www.ethaimusic.com/lyrics/343.htm

which in turns opens play controls in a separate box as Boo Radley suggested.

I don't see any way to make this program recognize a song that is playing and I don't want to pay for a program like Total Recorder and be shut out the same way.

Can someone take a look at this with Total Recorder or Audacity by getting the song playing and trying to capture it?? It should only take a minute.

Thanks,

GG

Archived