A quick game of pool

chuckwoww

You wake around midday. The fan has stopped and the room is like a pressure cooker. You need to get out. Duan is asleep. If she hears you moving around she says nothing. You try to close the door quietly.

Out in the street the Thais are moving fast today. The traffic is humming and the vendors are persistent. Songkran is getting close. Soon it will be time to find a few good books.

Dave is in New Wave. He has two girls with him. Ordinary girls. Not like Duan.

?Ah there you are,? says Dave, ?been wondering about you. You look well. Getting plenty??

?Oh, you know me, Dave. Beer and fornication.? One of the boys.

?Pool??

You make two teams. Thais versus farang.

One of the girls bends over the table so you can see her tits. This is not something Duan would ever do. The tits in question are bigger than Duan?s but not so nice.

Dave is waiting for you to tell him about her. It?s your shot. Let him wait. You scratch. Cue ball, corner pocket.

?You OK?? Dave asks. Then whispers, ?I had them both last night.? Casual like.

Duan?s tits are quite small really. You love to see her in a tank top and no bra. She would never go out like that of course but when she?s doing the housework some amazing vistas open up. When she?s sweeping for instance, with that little broom thing, they jiggle. The jogging shorts you bought her ride up and get caught somehow in the crack of her bum. Silk, cotton, flesh. An interesting textural confusion. Nothing compares with it.

?You did it again.? Says Dave.

?What??

?Sunk the bloody cue ball dickhead. Not sure I want you on my team today.?

?Sorry about that.?

?You?re not focused. Too much pussy that?s your trouble.? Nudge, wink.

?Perhaps I should stick to beer.? And so on. Bar banter. The click of balls. The coming and going. Normally you like it but today your mind is elsewhere. Dave doesn?t have a clue. Can?t blame him. He doesn?t know the problem. What is the problem?

?Happened to me once.? says Dave.

?What??

?Thai girl. Got under my skin.?

?I never asked her to.?

?Neither did I.?

Too much dialogue. Maybe meeting Dave was a mistake. You want to talk about her but what?s the point? Dave?s a decent bloke. And no fool. But nobody has the answers. You know that. You know too bloody much. You just sunk 4 balls in a row.

?That?s better,? says Dave. ?These games are easy to start. Hard to finish. Want another one??

Dave?s girlfriends are getting restless, looking around. Typical tarts. What does he see in them?

?I think I?ll be off.?

?Thought so.?

Good reading, glad to see you are back at the keyboard. I never got the chance to tell you how much I enjoyed your book; I read a good chunk of it on a bus to Udon Thani, sitting next to an aged bargirl returning to Udon for the funeral of a farang, former boyfriend. There was a story there.

David

Archived