Computer Thai / Computer Farang : No speakie, nah?

gawguy

Well...maybe that's it.

For years I have had IBM Thinkpads. I know someone who sells them used. One is dying of old age, so I contacted him and he had a nice Compaq Armada which I bought for $350. I have a Palm Pilot IIIx which I just use as an address book. I transferred the appropriate user files from the Thinkpad to the Armada after I'd loaded the Palm Desktop program. No problem. But now, big problem. Since I work with the Compaq most of the time and change my address records, I want to be able to transfer them as seamlessly as I alway have, but ooooohhh no-ooooooo. No matter how I try to go from the Compaq to the Thinkpad, it won't fly. Won't Hotsync, won't go via external hard disk, floppy or carrier pigeon.

I hate computers!!! I know I mentioned that before.

Well...the Thinkpads are set up with their native language set to Thai. I didn't set the Compaq up that way because it's inconvenient for each program to start running in Thai. Then I start typing without looking, see Thai everywhere, delete, hit the tilde key to switch to English then start again. I plan to work in Thai on my better TP.

Do you think my computers are having the same communication problems I have with my girlfriends? Language barrier?

GG

(I have a similar problem, maybe, with MS Office Thai version and Switch_Office which is supposed to switch all the Thai menus to English, except it won't do Excel and gives me an error saying it can't find the needed file on the CD, when the file is right there in front of it's stupid processor!)

Computers suck!!

Archived