More info: How much does a girl actually earn?

Dear Board Members,

Thank you for all of your comments which helped me to see my issue and the girl in a different perspective.

Let me give you some more details:

She is 30.

Besides working in a MP, she manages two night market stalls that are operated by her younger sister and a friend each.

She is quite a business woman and when her work at the MP is finished, she normally goes to the night market to help run the stalls.

I have stayed at her appartment and know, that she leads a relativley frugal lifestyle: no branded clothes, no expensive beauty parlours, no car, etc. She is also very cost-conscious and takes great care that I'm not overcharged by other Thais.

On the other hand she literally works day and night at the MP.

The interesting question is now, where does the money go to?

Does she have to pay off a debt?

Is she sucked dry by her family?

An topic to discuss, when I go to Thailand next time.

I agree with most of you that there must be a huge iceberg under the surface of which I have seen the tip only so far.

I also agree, that just taking her out of the MP and paying her some money most likley wouldn't solve anything.

Reineke said:

The interesting question is now, where does the money go to?

Does she have to pay off a debt?

Is she sucked dry by her family?

You would think that someone working that hard would be doing it for themselves. I hope that she has a huge bank account. When you find out where the money goes please tell us.

Archived