My Trip

I thought as long as i was using this board and reading all the trip reports i would add my own. I arrived about 1030 pm after a total of 22 hour trip from usa stopping in Japan to change planes.. I was beat of course but just being in Bangkok made me forget jet lag .I checked into the Manhattan hotel which I would recommend as it is right in the middle of all the action and I was never asked about guests in the room.Also reasonably priced at 24 dollars a night including breakfast. After checkin and stowing my extra cash and passport in the room safe i headed to the street not knowing where I was really going but already feeling the pulse of Bangkok nightlife. One short block from the hotel was Sukamvit and of course everything I came to Bangkok for was right there.. After a few beers at the bars I decided to try Thereme and for me I enjoyed the freelance aspect there much better than the bargirl places. It did'nt take but 10 min and I was drinking with a little dark haired beauty with glasses that looked like she should be a teacher or maybe that was just my fantasy for the night..lol..

1000Baht was agreed to and we took the short walk back to the Manhattan for an enjoyable hour and then she said goodnight and I finally went to sleep in a bed for the first time in 24 hours.

The next morning after breakfast I signed up for a tour of the River Kwai bridge and from then on that was my itinerary every day I was in Bangkok..I would take tours during the day and then head for the bars at night but always ending up at Therme for the final selection. I would always spend time with the girls first and get to know them as individuals and try to establish a little friendship before i decided they were right for me. Doing it this way I was never disappointed after going back to the hotel. I think we always have to remember that even though we all know why were there ,the girls are people with feelings and emotions and their little hearts can hurt too. I remember one night I was walking down Sukumvit and this bar girl walks past me with tears flowing down her face in torrents and you just had to know that some farang had just broken her heart .

Anyway thats the story of my trip to this wonderful country..I can't wait to return to the " Land of Smiles "

• 3 weeks later...

Archived