Best month to plan trip?

Neon Ninja

I'm in the initial stages of planning my second trip to LOS for NEXT year. (Didn't post this in the "Travel" section as some of the questions don't directly relate to travel.) I had initially planned to go again in Sep 2002, but at the moment I'm rather flexible...

1st, When does the "low season" officially start and end? (Both for airline tix and hotel accomodations).

2nd, When does the "rainy season" officially start and end? (Trying to avoid going when it rains EVERY day!)

3rd, I understand a lot of bar girls use the low season to return to visit families up north, etc. (Trying to avoid a bar girl shortage!)

I do not care how hot it gets if that helps any! smile.gif" border="0

Basically looking for a two week period in the low season where it doesn't rain every day, and there is an abundance of BG's! wink.gif" border="0

(Also possibly looking for an excuse to make the trip up a couple of months earlier..)

Any help here would be appreciated!

-=/NN

To the best of my knowledge-

Low season is basically from March/April to October/November, not including August (if that makes sense). Highest tourist months are December (esp. New Year and Christmas), Jan and Feb.

We're in the early part of the rainy season now, but September and October are when it floods most, so that probably isn't a great time to go.

March and April are the hottest times of year, but there is Songkran in April when the whole of Bangkok (nearly) goes back to the provinces for a week or so.

Maybe you should go May/June/July time ?

I personally like November the most for a budget conscious tourist who isn't the biggest fan of oppressive heat and monsoon like weather.

It's right before the busy season so prices are reasonable, but it's towards the end of the rainy season and the beginning of the cool season.

As far as high and low season, it depends where you intend to go. In Phuket there is less and less distinction between high and low season due to the increasing number of direct flights into Phuket airport from eorope. Also low season here is when the majority of european families have there annual holidays.Anyway, in my opinion, you wouldn't be missing much if you gave Phuket a wide berth, really gone of the place over the past five years.

Regards

Chris.

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]

I just came back two weeks ago from my first REAL lowseasontrip (July).

Normally I go in March and I still think it's the best time: it's the time when low season is starting; the US navy isn't in LOS yet and it doesn't rain yet and the heat isn't killing me like it did on my last trip.

Now, I must say (I probably was lucky) on my trip last month I didn't have ONE day of rain.

As for airlinetickets: I discovered that July may be the low season in the bars in LOS but it isn't for the airlines. July is highseason for flights; I paid 50% more for my ticket than in March and it was difficult to get a seat!

Bargirls: a lot of the topearners go home in lowseason but are immediately replaced by other girls. IMO the quality of girls is better in the higher season, but also in lowseason you can always find cuties.

In lowseason there is a high shortage of customers I saw last month, but something like "a bargirl shortage" does NOT exist in LOS.

2lucky1

Archived