new majestic soi 2

thai3

Had a grand tour while staying at the JW. Impressive 4 star with rooms starting at just under 3000 baht. The difference between the lowest 2 rooms seems mimimal, one is just a bit larger so hardly worth the extra. Smallish pool but well eqpt gym also small. Nice looking exec lounge and I was struck by the well trained freindly staff, some effort been put into training.

The rooms look good and nice big TV's thet have something the JW does not-ITV. One thing that might put me off is the no carpet on room floor, this can lead to a bit of noise from upstairs depending on the construction from people dragging things around and girls clacking about in high heels etc. Good value I think but then you can get the JW for just 3000 on priceline, they don't have ITV though! Also have some tasteless 7000+ baht 'themed' rooms, ancient egypt etc-peter

I think they will have a hard time filling the rooms at 3000-4000 baht,

There does not seem to be much competition in the 2000-3000 baht range for people that want to step up a bit from the 1000-1500 baht NANA-Dynasty-Majestic Suites places.

My guess is thats where they will end up

OC

Lord Toad said:

But at what price?

Through travel agents I am sure!

The under 3000-Baht-for-a-standard-room is an introductory promo-rate, available through agencies as well as directly from the hotel (or so I've been led to believe).

>>I think they will have a hard time filling the rooms at 3000-4000 baht<<

Not sure about this ... have you seen what's been going up on Suk ... Sofitel, Crown and etc???? And recently President Solitaire, Jasmine and etc.

Most of these are priced 3k+ and I don't think they are hurting for business.

While cheaper accommodation will continue to exist and have their place in the market, I don't think they're raising new high rise building to fill the 2K - 3K market.

>>>maybe so , but you can get more money if you are a chain and a known hotel name, Tourist want to stay oin "brand" name hotels<<<

I agree ... and you will note that "brand" name hotels on Suk are generally 4k+ range now.

Local "brands" such as President group, Jasmine and Majectic Grand are priced just below the int'l "brand" name.

Archived