Running Thread: Best Headlines

Khun_Kong

I see so many good ones in the local papers, especially Pattaya Mail. Feel free to add whenever you see a good one.

Try to use mainstream media, not the tabloid style " BOY TRAPPED IN REFRIGERATOR EATS OWN FOOT!"

Here is my choice for today:

CHIANG MAI / NIGHT SAFARI PARK

Lack of animals to delay opening of new zoo

Really? No way! Why would that be? :)

Link

How about these 2, running next to each other in Pattaya Mail:

Bangkok officials visit Pattaya to study waste

Over 100 officials come down for field trip

followed by

Pattaya needs new PR image

C'mon, coming to Pattaya to study waste is already a step up from any other reason to visit.

And anyway, if you really want to study Pattaya waste, why not just go to their native land: Germany (just kidding- fill in any scouser nationality) :)

Link

One of the best headlines I can recall seeing was in the South China Morning Post (Hong Kong's main English paper) in the early 90s.

The story was about a cat burglar who had shimmied up a drainpipe in the Mid Levels area, the drainpipe gave way and he plummeted to his death.

I think that the headline was proof read by one of the local staff as it was 'Cat burglar argues with the law of gravity and looses'.

About a week later, there was another story in the same paper but in this one, the story made me chuckle and not the headline.

This story was about some guys who decided to break into a fireworks factory in Stoke using Oxy-acetylene cutting gear, which predictably caused a massive explosion.

The last line in the story stated that the local police had daubed them 'The hole in the ground gang'.

Tiger on the prowl. said:

One of the best headlines I can recall seeing was in the South China Morning Post (Hong Kong's main English paper) in the early 90s.

The story was about a cat burglar who had shimmied up a drainpipe in the Mid Levels area, the drainpipe gave way and he plummeted to his death.

I think that the headline was proof read by one of the local staff as it was 'Cat burglar argues with the law of gravity and looses'.

About a week later, there was another story in the same paper but in this one, the story made me chuckle and not the headline.

This story was about some guys who decided to break into a fireworks factory in Stoke using Oxy-acetylene cutting gear, which predictably caused a massive explosion.

The last line in the story stated that the local police had daubed them 'The hole in the ground gang'.

Super memory... wow:D

Today's BKK Post has these two sub-headlines:

Health websites mostly unreliable

and

Online physicians cut need for hospital visits

My guess then is that those who depend on the online medical sites probably die before actually getting into the hospital.

Sort of the foundation for the 30 baht healthcare scam..err, scheme.

Archived