Mark your calendars!

Flashermac

Thailand to host world toilet summit

14 April 2005

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) ? Thailand plans to upgrade hygiene in its public toilets to meet international standards as it prepares to host the World Toilet Summit next year, a health official said Wednesday.

"Toilets are very important for the country's image in the eyes of visitors," said Somyos Chareonsak, a senior official of the Public Health Ministry.

The conference is to be held in May 2006.

The first summit, organized by the World Toilet Organization, was held in 2001 in Singapore. China, where toilet facilities are often in need of upgrades, hosted one last year.

Topics discussed at the meetings include toilet design and technology, toilet management and hygiene and energy-saving measures.

World Toilet Organization: http://www.worldtoilet.or

I find it very silly having a worldtoilet organization.. who comes up with stuff like that ??

But actually having some public toilets first, I think is more important than considerations regarding hygeine and engery saving measures ::

I think it would be a good idea to have public toilets at least at each skytrain and subway station. That would be a good start.

Besides that, frequently used beaches at locations such as Pattaya would do well with a few public showers/toilets/changing room every 100 meters, at least that makes more sense than tv sets on the beach! ::

Regards,

Well when you think about it the toilet industry must be huge. There must be millions of them out there and a constant demand for innovations and upgrades. Stands to reason they have conventions, PR people, research centers, lobbyists. Lots of money in defecation. Perhaps I should have gone into toilets. :)

I'm taking the liberty of correcting Flasher's link....

http://www.worldtoilet.org

Yeah, I guess you are right, taking a leak and a dump is just one of those things that never goes out of fashion :) No doubt it's big business.

It's just that the name World Toilet Organization makes it sound like they are in the same league as e.g. WHO.

I wonder what their trade shows are like, do you think they offer the visitors to try out the latest models on their stands? :: I can just imagine the sales pitch:

"And Sir, this model is exceptionally good for the large ones with a solid texture, our research shows that the average ... blah blah... go ahead try it out for yourself"

I think it must feel funny to work in that kind of business, being serious and taking pride in disposing of other peoples crap. :o

Flashermac said:

Thailand to host world toilet summit

14 April 2005

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) ? Thailand plans to upgrade hygiene in its public toilets to meet international standards as it prepares to host the World Toilet Summit next year, a health official said Wednesday.

I thought maybe India might make a good host country, lots of

people spread over a wide range. Large, thiving economy. Than it just occured to me that what's the point of a "flusher summit" in a country that has none??? :dunno:

Shit. :: :)

Archived