Air Cleaners

CarlBkk

Hi guys, I'm looking at purchasing an air filter/purifier for my Bangkok apartment (80m2) as pollution from the busy road below is a problem. I've looked at Bionaire, Sharp, SEC and Honeywell products from 10,000 - 30,000 baht but can anyone recommend a make/model number? I don't want to splash out this kind of money on something which makes little difference, so any advice welcome (apart from "move away from Bkk"!).

I had a Bionaire model purchased from Central, Silom for about 10 years and was very disappointed in it. Noisy and ineffective.

I replaced it with a Toshiba from the Rama IV/Klong Toey branch of Carrefour in January and this one really does make a difference. Can't remember the model number, but it cost around 12,500 baht. I'm using it in a room about 20% smaller than yours so you might consider two (or a larger unit, but two might be more effective). I'd suggest beginning with one as it might be enough. It's very quiet.

There might be others out there as good, but I'll be sticking to Toshiba from now on. It works for me and I did a lot of research before actually buying one.

Archived